Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:52 PM   #1

Popular Photography's March issue arrived today with a very favorable test/review of the K20D. The reviewer writes that it "promises to be a big hit." The $5,000 Nikon D3 test is in the same issue - interesting enough, in comparing the test result charts, the Pentax matches or exceeds the Nikon in image quality (at ISOs up to 1600 only, but not above) and resolution, but not in noise suppression or AF speed. Not too shabby, considering the $3200 differential!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:31 PM   #2

I can see my course now - buy the magazine and make sure I leave it lying around, open to the page that says the camera is going to be the next big hit. Let the print do the talking for a while.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:57 PM   #3

hehe, my wife is slowly accepting that my upcoming 50:th birthday isn't just another birthday in the row but one that demands a present beyond the normal... does your hubby read photo magazines if you don't "forget" it on his pillow...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:59 AM   #4

Not hardly - he's never owned a camera in his life, as far as I know. He's bought quite a few, starting with a Pentax ME kit in 1980, but he hasn't kept any of them.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote