Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:29 PM   #1

BushHawk w/ Heavy lens (Ok Now)

Tried out my new idea yesterday and IMHO it is a WINER. I found the 1Dmark3 MP&S with a 500mm lens is heavy after a lot of hours or a pretty long hike. I added some padding to my rifle strap and now it is much more comfortable. I have attached the rifle sling to the lens just for safety.

I bought 2 seat belt pads and sewed them together and attached them to the padded area of the rifle sling and now a lot more padding for my shoulder and neck area.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:11 PM   #2

nice idea, Roger! that rig of yours has got to get heavy at times, especially with all of the hiking that you do. Just be sure to give your neck a rest every once in a while...

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:18 PM   #3

wadue wrote:
Quote:
nice idea, Roger! that rig of yours has got to get heavy at times, especially with all of the hiking that you do. Just be sure to give your neck a rest every once in a while...

Ron
Thanks Ron, I guess carring this thing around takes the place of going to the gym to stay in shape.

Wacky roger
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:30 AM   #4

who gives a sh! !t
post this in the canon forum. that's where it belongs......
of course , you'll never get the raves you get here.........

i, for one, along with numerous others, are tired on your canon posts.. otherswill not say it................ curse me if you want too..
IDGAS
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 3:45 AM   #5

Hi Roger,

I haven't seen one of the bushhawk units in real life, could you mount your K10d and bigma on it so I can get an idea of the size.

thanks

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:24 AM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
who gives a sh! !t

i, for one, along with numerous others, are tired on your canon posts.. otherswill not say it................ curse me if you want too..
IDGAS
I guess you are saying people with a pentax can't or don't use a BushHawk ??? IMHO your wrong I use a BushHawk with my K10D and this way of setting it up makes it easier to use.

Thanks for taking your time to comment and give your opinion.

Wacky roger
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:26 AM   #7

simowills wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I haven't seen one of the bushhawk units in real life, could you mount your K10d and bigma on it so I can get an idea of the size.

thanks

Simon
Simon, I will try and get you a photo of the BIGMA on its BushHawk, one problem the photo will have to be taken with a canon camera.

Wacky roger
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:58 PM   #8

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
Simon, I will try and get you a photo of the BIGMA on its BushHawk, one problem the photo will have to be taken with a canon camera.

Wacky roger
I think we can forgive you the indiscretion (of courseyou could take it with the Pentaxwhile facing a mirror). :?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:36 PM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
who gives a sh! !t

IDGAS
Roy

You are completely OUT OF LINE!!..

Period..

When it comes to criticizing someone here on the Pentax dSLR forum, speak only for yourself, not for others..

The way I read Roger's post is that he is trying to put forth information as to how to more comfortably carry a heavy camera & lens when attached to a BushHawk..

The fact that the camera & lens pictured are manufactured by Canon makes no never mind..This is a useful piece of info..I know that there are a handfull of people here on the Pentax forum that own large & heavy lenses..I also know that several of these people are contemplating the purchase of a BushHawk..

Most of the regular posters here on the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum know that Roger got his start with the K10D & the Bigma, & soon there after added a BushHawk to his set-up..

The information he is posting is usefull regardless of the brand of camera that is attached to a BushHawk..

As he himself has stated in a follow-up to your nasty post, if he had posted a photo of the pad attached to the sling on his K10D / Bigma / BushHawk rig, then his photo would have needed to have been taken & posted with his Canon camera..

Since you chewed him out several weeks ago over posting images here taken with his new Canon rig, he has pretty much ceased to do so..

I do not know how to look at exif data on my computer, but since Roger has only two cameras that I know of; I think it is safe to say that the two images posted here on this thread were taken with his K10D??..

If so, what is your problem??.

The only reason that I can think of that has still got Roy hot under the collar are the several dual-platform postings that Roger has made since his chastising several weeks ago by Roy himself, & others..

I come here to Steve's Digicams almost every day, & since that chastising Roger has made the majority of his posts on the Wildlife forum, not here on the Pentax forum..

My observations have been that Roger HAS been trying to abide by the forum's rules as was pointed out to him..

Roy, if he has not gone far enough to abide by the rules, then there are more civil ways to make a point the the one you chose to apply here..

Roger--May I please make a suggestion as to how you post your images here on the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum..

You have stated that the majority of your photography will consist of using both your Pentax & your Canon cameras during the same photography sessions..

From what I have seen of your postings since acquiring the Canon rig, the photos taken with the K10D will need to viewed alongside of the ones taken with the Canon in order to be understood in context..And vice versa..

If this is to be the case, then might I suggest that you post any photos taken with the Canon as a link when posting the ones taken with the K10D here on the Pentax forum..

That way those of us so inclined to do so, myself included, will be able to view both the Pentax & Canon photos that you have taken; & view them in full context of one another..

That way NO Canon photos will automatically show when someone opens a thread of yours posted here on the Pentax forum..

This should avoid offending anyone..For those people who might still choose to be offended, then might I suggest that you just don't open any links on any of Roger's postings here on the Pentax forum..

With all respect to all the members of the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:47 PM   #10
Administrator

Let's learn to get along.

This thread is closed.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote