Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:30 PM   #1

The sad truth about me is that despite being a SF Bay Area native, I haven't toured around the area all that much. To remedy that, I decided to take a trip around the embarcadero in SF. I wanted to get a unique view of the Bay Bridge, as the sky was quite nice during golden hour. Traveling light, however (I always fear that I'm going to get jumped in SF), I didn't have any filters on hand to really help out with the sky.

Anyway, I couldn't come up with a unique view, and settled for a standard tourist-mode pic:

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:07 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

The Bay Bridge just does not get the publicity that the GG does. You appear to have done justice to it though! I imagine in the morning sun on a clear day it would make for a nice picture as well.

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:37 PM   #3

she picked me up at SF airport and decided to show me around and we drove across. i made a comment(not thinking) about the recent work done on it... of course i'd notice because of going across the mighty miss all my life and she replied it was from the earthquake.. SF??? you can have it.. wait!!! there's a tornado!!!:lol:
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:37 PM   #4

da^^ ,,,,, the double got me again.

roy
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:22 PM   #5

I really like this one - your processing takes it out of the mundane bridge shot and makes it unusual.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:51 PM   #6

jason,
you say you haven't explored the area.. may i make a suggestion?? head EAST!! you have so much available.. ck out kings canyon and Yosemite and all the other natural wonders around there.. Yosemite is quite possibly the most beautiful place on the face on the face of the planet.........
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:33 AM   #7

Jason, I don't see any real need for filters. The sky is interesting as it is. The bridge is perfectly exposed so you can see dark detail as well as the lights. I would also like to see it in its original color since that evening sun can be really nice.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote