Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:54 PM   #11

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Roger & Dawg

Think Tank Photo manufactures their Modulus Belt System to allow mostly professional photographers a way to more comfortably carry large amounts of camera gear..

They sell two different waist belts..The standard one is the Pro Speed Belt priced at $35.00..Then there is the Steroid Speed Belt that is larger so as to distribute any weight carried over a larger area of the waist & hips..It is priced at $48.00..

The real reason I am bringing this to both of your attentions is the Pixel Racing Harness, priced at $35.00..This attaches to either of the belts with a single attachment in the center rear of the belt, & two attachments on either side of the center of ones body on the front of the belt..

The Pixel Racing Harness has two D-rings sewn onto the shoulder straps so that when the entire rig is worn, the D-rings end up being located in the approximate vicinity of below the clavicle & above one's pectoral muscles..

Think Tank Photo also sells a Camera Strap that attaches to both the camera & the D-rings of the harness with quick-release attachments..It is priced at $25.00..So that one may carry heavy digital cameras with the weight distributed across the shoulders & waist belt, & not upon the neck..

Roger---I was thinking that perhaps a modified version of the Think Tank Photo Camera Strap might be attached to the rifle slings that you installed on your first BushHawk..Since you are concerned about the weight of the Canon camera & lens damaging the BushHawk you could also attach them directly to the lens, as you are currently doing..Or, perhaps you could do both??..

This would allow you to carry the weight of the camera / teleconverter / lens / BushHawk for extended periods of time with much less discomfort..The weight of such a rig would then be evenly distributed over the user's shoulders, waist, & hip bones..

Of course the Modulus Belt System would also allow you to carry all kinds of other camera equipment like extra lenses, filters. etc. which is what it was originally designed for..

Camera holsters are available which would allow the user to carry a second camera in a holster attached to the belt; with the BushHawk / camera rig suspended from the shoulder straps..This is something that I thought you might be interested in Roger, as you are desiring to carry both of your cameras around with you at all times..

Ever since I first saw the Think Tank Photo Modulus Belt System I have been interested in it..While reading your posts yesterday Roger, it occured to me that the Think Tank Photo Modulus Belt System might be the ideal way to carry any heavy camera & lens combo attached to a BushHawk around, especially for extended periods of time..

Dawg---Since you want to carry your K10D / Bigma / & eventually a BushHawk as well around for two or more hours, I thought this might interest you as well..

Check them out at http://www.thinktankphoto.com

Hope this helps..

Bruce
Thanks Bruce...I for one will look into it. I'm starting to save up for the bushhawk and will look into a good carry arrangement as well. You both have really helped with this. and like Simon said when you get the chance Roger I too would love to see the Bigma/K10D attached to the Bushhawk and I don't give a diddly which camera you use to shoot it!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:55 PM   #12

simowills wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I don't know if yo got my reply on the last dissappearing thread, so I'll ask again, can you mount the K10d ad bigma on the bushhawk so I can get an idea of the size, not having seen one in real life here in Aus.

thanks

Simon
YES you can in fact I have a BushHawk that I use with that set up. I will try tomorrow to get a photo of theat set up. Remember the photo will not be with a Pentax camera.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:56 PM   #13

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Roger & Dawg

Think Tank Photo manufactures their Modulus Belt System to allow mostly professional photographers a way to more comfortably carry large amounts of camera gear..

They sell two different waist belts..The standard one is the Pro Speed Belt priced at $35.00..Then there is the Steroid Speed Belt that is larger so as to distribute any weight carried over a larger area of the waist & hips..It is priced at $48.00..

The real reason I am bringing this to both of your attentions is the Pixel Racing Harness, priced at $35.00..This attaches to either of the belts with a single attachment in the center rear of the belt, & two attachments on either side of the center of ones body on the front of the belt..

The Pixel Racing Harness has two D-rings sewn onto the shoulder straps so that when the entire rig is worn, the D-rings end up being located in the approximate vicinity of below the clavicle & above one's pectoral muscles..

Think Tank Photo also sells a Camera Strap that attaches to both the camera & the D-rings of the harness with quick-release attachments..It is priced at $25.00..So that one may carry heavy digital cameras with the weight distributed across the shoulders & waist belt, & not upon the neck..

Roger---I was thinking that perhaps a modified version of the Think Tank Photo Camera Strap might be attached to the rifle sling swivels that you installed on your first BushHawk..Since you are concerned about the weight of the Canon camera & lens damaging the BushHawk you could also attach them directly to the lens, as you are currently doing..Or, perhaps you could do both??..

This would allow you to carry the weight of the camera / teleconverter / lens / BushHawk for extended periods of time with much less discomfort..The weight of such a rig would then be evenly distributed over the user's shoulders, waist, & hip bones..

Of course the Modulus Belt System would also allow you to carry all kinds of other camera equipment like extra lenses, filters. etc. which is what it was originally designed for..

Camera holsters are available which would allow the user to carry a second camera in a holster attached to the belt; with the BushHawk / camera rig suspended from the shoulder straps..This is something that I thought you might be interested in Roger, as you are desiring to carry both of your cameras around with you at all times..

Ever since I first saw the Think Tank Photo Modulus Belt System I have been interested in it..While reading your posts yesterday Roger, it occured to me that the Think Tank Photo Modulus Belt System might be the ideal way to carry any heavy camera & lens combo attached to a BushHawk around, especially for extended periods of time..

Dawg---Since you want to carry your K10D / Bigma / & eventually a BushHawk as well around for two or more hours, I thought this might interest you as well..

Check them out at http://www.thinktankphoto.com

Hope this helps..

Bruce
FIRST thing on my agenda tomorrow is to look this up. Thanks for the info.

Wacky roger
Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:59 PM   #14

Bigdawg & Simon, I will try and get you guys a photo of the set up tomorrow but when someone starts complaining about the photo not being a Pentax photo I will refer them to the two of you.

Wacky roger
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:57 PM   #15

Ain't a problem for me Roger...The Mods may suggest we move this to the equipment section but other than that I could care less. I started this thread so let it be my responsibility. Be lookin' forward to it and Thanks...Lots of thanks in advance!

Dawg
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:59 PM   #16

Ain't a problem for me Roger...The Mods may suggest we move this to the equipment section but other than that I could care less. I started this thread so let it be my responsibility. Be lookin' forward to it and Thanks...Lots of thanks in advance!

Dawg
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:38 PM   #17

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

Dawg
Right Arm Dawg!!..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:19 AM   #18

Roger that,

Roger.

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote