Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:33 AM   #1

Here is a shot I took some time ago at Logan international. I clonedout a bunch of service vehicles to make it a bit less cluttered. I like it because of the shapes and the biggness of it. But there seems to be somethiing missing. Any critiques, good or bad are welcome. ist DL Tamron 24-135

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:50 AM   #2

I found it a little dull and yellowish. I ran it through DCE Tools Auto enhance. Sharpened it and the ran it through Auto levels, Auto Contrast, Auto color and sharpened it using lab color and unsharp mask. I don't know if I like it better than the original though. You decide!

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 AM   #3

Thanks Dawg, I don't know which I like better, but I do like the sharpness of yours.

Glenn
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 AM   #4

Composition wise this reminds me of the movie, "Transformers". It begs for me to want to see the whole thing.

No exif as to what setting you used here though to get this shot. The WB is a bit warm and is correctable with some PP applied.

This is a quick and dirty for posting done with PhotoFiltre and the WB plug-in.

Tom

Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:43 PM   #5

Nice looking image indeed! Yellow being my favourite colour, I wouldn't, in fact, be bothered by the yellow bias in this image : ) Pure white,after all,would not go with such operating partsespecially under an afternoon(??) lighting, (blownparts, on the other hand,should be avoided as well!) Anyway, delighted by observing the inspiring edits, I'd like to contribute with my take..
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:03 PM   #6

I'm another one that actually likes the yellowish light (I also assume late afternoon or very early morning), so I wouldn't change the white balance. I'm not crazy about the composition (remember, I've never taken an art or photography class, and composition is the hardest thing for me to figure out). On the one hand,I normally like detail shots. On the other, I agree that I'd rather see more than pictured here.

But I think the thing that bothers me the most about this picture is the large light colored flap above the wheels - that's what my eye goes to and it overpowers the picture and the rest of the shapes. If you could tone it down some (darken just the flap some), it might make it less overpowering. That's probably what I would try.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:38 AM   #7

It would have been cool if you got some of those service vehicles in the frame for perspective, to see how big the subject really is.

Thanh
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:29 PM   #8

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

How did you get this close to the main landing gear of a B777 at Logan:?

Nice image!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:25 AM   #9

Harriet, you are absolutely right. I was trying to figure out how to deal with it, but came up with nothing!

Jay, that was shot out of the window of our 767. It looks like its on a runway, but it was parked.

Thanh, Here is the original. The service vehicles were not in a position to give it perspective.