Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:04 PM   #11

Thanks Harriet for the comparison. Not that it changes my mind, I'm going to get the K20D before we go to SA this summer. But it's still nice to see that it doesn't seem to be a bad decision.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:08 PM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

Daniel - did I read that correctly, you bought a DA*200?* Oh, I've got to get caught up, I hadn't picked up on that.*
Harriet,

It was all Scott's fault re his thread

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...62&forum_id=94

Well that may lead to some marriage counselling costs - all Scott's fault again

My daughter has picked up the DA*200mm for me in DC area. No LBA sample shots as I will see her shortly. Obviously the lens is the 2nd one delivered to a camera shop in D C area. Likely the first two in the States. I encourage her, a new Pentaxian, to find time and subject to take a couple of shots from her K100D Super for posting.

ira wrote:
Quote:
Daniel, I have given up smoking!!

I just gave the link to an image of a famous Hong Kong movie star smoking and burning Yankee money. I do not smoke at all.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:59 PM   #13

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Daniel, your giff at the bottom of your post really tells it all in this age of digital imaging. Just think how much money you could have saved buy shooting film, even when you factor in the cost of processing!

Tom
Tom

I still have some rolls left. I got rid of my Reala film before their expiry. I did not shoot any film for at least 9 months. This digital age is just too hectic. Getting film developed and scanned properly is becoming more difficult every day. It does make you plan your serious shooting though with a lot less snap shots

Daniel
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:25 PM   #14

Daniel:

I live in the DC area (actually in northern VA). May I ask where you daughter picked up the lens for you?
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:36 PM   #15

tsquare wrote:
Quote:
Daniel:

I live in the DC area (actually in northern VA).* May I ask where you daughter picked up the lens for you?
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26910466

http://www.ephotocraft.com/searchres...s=200mm+pentax

The lens was in their Burke store, 5 minutes drive from her place. Likely it was the 2nd or 3rd ones. That is about it.

I knew about it last Sat. 5 pm. The deal was done before it closed at 6. I thought I might have got it from either B&H /Adorama. But of all the US, it just happened to be so close. The last ebay price of used Fa*200mm was like $1300 and this one with the same lens config & SDM is just no brainer

Daniel