Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2008, 2:31 AM   #31

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
until I had filled out the lens collection
How does a full lens collection look? You know you must have duplets, just in case...
Never gonna buy another camera????:blah:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 3:19 AM   #32

Tim

Actually I hear you got a pretty sharp 135mm lens :roll:

I haven't seen any images from that yet :-D

Al
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:47 AM   #33

The K20D is one impressive camera. It shows that PP will be minimal at best. The images it produces straight from the camera is awesome. The CMOS sensor makes quite a bit of difference and at 14+ megapixels as well.

I will look forward to more shots made with this camera. Definitely considering buying this camera for sure.

Thanks for sharing,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:47 PM   #34

Very impressive effort. My shots almost always require some pp. Are these right out of the camera, or is there some pp? If none, I may have to rethink my buyer's resistance! Thanks for posting this extensive series.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:40 PM   #35

Ishino,

I have been staying from any camera body purchase and I have skipped K10D. I have to walk around the street where a main camera store is located. Now comes your convincing images and Scott's endorsment. Maybe I have read too much of stuff coming from the other Pentax forum.
The bracketing feature is brilliant and if these high iso images can be replicated easily, Pentax has a winner. And I may just cave in with a 3rd camera body.

Thanks. You have done a great job in posting the comparison shots

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:59 PM   #36

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Very impressive effort. My shots almost always require some pp. Are these right out of the camera, or is there some pp? If none, I may have to rethink my buyer's resistance! Thanks for posting this extensive series.
No post processing done. Taken straight from the camera and resized to post here.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:23 AM   #37

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Ishino,

I have been staying from any camera body purchase and I have skipped K10D. I have to walk around the street where a main camera store is located. Now comes your convincing images and Scott's endorsment. Maybe I have read too much of stuff coming from the other Pentax forum.
The bracketing feature is brilliant and if these high iso images can be replicated easily, Pentax has a winner. And I may just cave in with a 3rd camera body.

Thanks. You have done a great job in posting the comparison shots

Daniel
I know how you feel, I have a *istDL and a *istDS so I only have the funny-name models. I gave my wife a K100D Super and was impressed at the improvements made in jpeg IQ and the SR (it really works although the dust removal scheme is not as successful). I am currently looking at a new job possibility for my retirement, and I have two weddings coming up this summer so I may be able to talk my wife into letting me upgrade within the next year.

But I won't hold my breath, learning to use my budget flash setup is my top priority right now.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:21 PM   #38

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
until I had filled out the lens collection
How does a full lens collection look? You know you must have duplets, just in case...
Never gonna buy another camera????:blah:

Kjell
Well, not never, but I was hoping to add a 77mm limited and a wide angle zoom to the collection before I looked at a new body. And maybe an FA 35mm, one of those Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8s, and . . .

I had enough saved to pay for one of the less expensive lenses on my list but I blew it all on my wife's birthday present (some machine that cuts shapes out of paper for scrapbooking. Yeah, I know I could have bought a pair of sissors AND a lens).

I wonder how much I have left on that home equity loan :roll:?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:24 PM   #39

Peacekeeper wrote:
Quote:
Actually I hear you got a pretty sharp 135mm lens :roll:
I haven't seen any images from that yet :-D

Al
I think you are right about not posting anything yet, though it has been out a few times. The 12 Hours of Sebring race is coming this month, last year I learned the 180mm was just a little too long, so that 135mm may be my "go to" lens. Of course that is assuming that 100,000 intoxicated race fans can behave long enough to allow me to do some shooting, as that is a "paid" photo gig, in a manner of speaking :-).

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote