Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:50 PM   #1

This afternoon, my wife and I visited the local botanical garden for the first time of the season. The annual daffodil festival had been scheduled to start a couple of weeks ago, but nature had not cooperated, and the first ones have just bloomed.

Within the next week or two, some 150,000 daffodils are to be in bloom. A couple of other examples of early bloomers.

Also blooming today were Japanese camellias

One of the highlights of the spring is the annual tulip festival in late March and early April. All over the hillsides little shoots of green are peeking through, but on this hillside, a lone crocus has thus far shown its colors.

#'s 1 & 3 taken with Sigma 28mm f1.8.....2 & 5 with Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6....and #4 with DA*50-135.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:58 PM   #2

Great color, glad that spring is on the way for y'all
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:57 AM   #3

Beautiful colors on those blooms. Nice closeups.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:33 PM   #4

Good shots - you real well to get the definition in the yell - I usually blow this colour.

I love pic 1 - as there is no sense of scale, the flower looks huge - could be a triffid!!

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 3:46 PM   #5

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I love pic 1 - as there is no sense of scale, the flower looks huge - could be a triffid!!
The low cameraposition does that - a very effective bug's-eye view. :-) This is where a fold-out viewscreen would make things a lot easier on the knees and neck! :roll:
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 4:48 PM   #6

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
The low cameraposition does that - a very effective bug's-eye view. :-) This is where a fold-out viewscreen would make things a lot easier on the knees and neck! :roll:
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. The shot wasn't so hard on the knees and neck, but my reputation for sanity may have suffered....."Did you see that big guy lying in the path next to the flower? Think there's something wrong with him?" :G

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:16 PM   #7

That first one is really lovely, I do like unusual angles. It looks like a fun, successful trip to the botanical gardens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:21 AM   #8

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
penolta wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. The shot wasn't so hard on the knees and neck, but my reputation for sanity may have suffered....."Did you see that big guy lying in the path next to the flower? Think there's something wrong with him?" :G

Paul
That is the point at which the wife hisses very loudly that "people are coming! Get up!", then walks away as if she doesn't know me! LOL

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote