Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:41 PM   #11

good job patty,
80mm macro?????

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:02 PM   #12

Thanks, Ed. And,thanks for the additional tweaks to it. I only have PSE5. Is that anything I could do with it. Or, is it a full fledge PS thing?

Thank you, Alex. You'll have to share your roses with us this summer. I love roses.

Thank you, Roy. I wasn't sure how to list what I used. But, I have the Sigma 28-80 mm lens that only at 80mm is a macro. There is a button on the lens that once I get it to 80mm and push it to macro it stays there until I undo the button.

Was all I could talk my husband into letting me buy for now. Maybe once I can show him what I can do with it he'll let me move up the scale.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:14 PM   #13

patty,
i had that lens for awhile. i was very impressed with it's IQ.. i hated the plastic feel of it tho. here's a (as your title) shot with it when i was ''fooling around'' with it and off camera flash..

edit: yeah i know.... barkley's a little walleyed.............he's lucky he survived..
roy

Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:42 PM   #14

I like the "star" effect the pollen gives in these shots but it's #2 for me by far.

Very well done and thumbs up for doing this handheld! I managed some shots with 1/8s handheld and feel relatively safe with 1/10s or the like if it isn't a long zoom, but 1/6s at 80mm really is something

Great!

@Dawg

That a/b curves adjustment is a neat idea - have to remember that for future use!
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:00 PM   #15

the a,b curves adj boosts saturation. i've made an action out of it via a dupe layer and stopped it after the rbg mode change. that way you can adj the opacity before you flatten the image..

roy
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:25 PM   #16

Cute picture, Roy. They are darling.

The only thing that's bothered me so far with the lens is I have to make sure I have it on manual focus before I try to take off or put on the lens hood. Otherwise I'm manually moving the lens with it in auto and probably not doing the lens any good. I really struggle with getting the hood lined up right and twisted on. Don't have that problem with my other lenses.

Thanks, thkn777. I've been experimenting with the SR on and off. These particular shots were with it on. But, the blue globe I submitted to the Feb Monthly Challenge was with no SR. I'm still playing with this, but it seems there are sometimes when I do better without it.

Roy, So is the a, b curves available for me in PSE5 or do you use PS? I don't remember having seen that adjustment. I have levels and color curves (I think asa plug-in).

Patty
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:39 PM   #17

i think PSE5 will have it but you would have to do it manually each time because PSE doesn't support actions.. let me google it and post a link..

roy
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:55 PM   #18

patty,
HERE"S a link. i haven't read it all but you're basicly interested in the 1st part about the AB channels in LAB mode. do it on a dupe layer so when you change back to RGB mode you can adj opacity.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:07 PM   #19

Thanks, Roy. I'll print it out and read through it.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. We've had some problems with our router and internet connectivity. And, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to get it all set up. Time consuming process, as you probably know.

Patty