Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:51 PM   #61

I keep hoping for a really nice blooming tree, but everything is still a week or two away, so I'm posting this one for now. I may replace it. I was really impressed with this 2 foot Chinese Elm in the Bonsai Garden at the local botanical garden.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:36 AM   #62
PDL

My entry for the month - Vine Maple (i.e. weeds) bark texture. Near a creek in my Neighborhood - something I walk by on my weekend strolls.

PDL

Last edited by PDL; Jul 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM.
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:04 AM   #63

Lovely images have been added here!

May I change mine to this one.. got it in Easter holiday.. blooming peach trees.. with an easter bunny.. [line]
Attached Images

DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:22 PM   #64

Oooh - love the colors in this one! Sure wish we'd see that much green around here!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:08 PM   #65

wow digitalgal - i really really love your easter bunny photo!!!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:51 PM   #66

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Oooh - love the colors in this one! Sure wish we'd see that much green around here!
It certainly is colorful. Unfortunately the blossoms will soon fade and the bunny will hop away. . . Hare today, gone tomorrow (sorry, I couldn't resist). :G
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:29 PM   #67

Okay, I think this is my entry for the month. I've had all sorts of ideas this month, but none have panned out. We had a record breaking snow fall yesterday. Second highest amount of snow ever recorded in 134 years. Only 6.8 inches to break the all time record and at the rate we've been going we'll break that in April.

Anyway, here's my entry. I'm not sure that I like it. I've tweaked and tweaked and can't figure out what it needs. This was not converted to b&w. I do wish I'd gotten more of the snow in the bottom of the frame.
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:46 PM   #68

Don't normally partake in the competitions, never think mine are good enough, but might as well play as well! :lol:
Attached Images

Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:57 PM   #69

I really like that snow covered tree. It definitely shows how black and white winter is. I suppose putting something like a red chair or something else brightly colored might add another dimension to the picture, but not sure I'd like it as well. I rather like the bleak look of this one just as it is. Tachikoma - that's a very peaceful shot. I could sit and look at something like that for hours. And our challenge is just a friendly sort-of thing, just for fun. I like taking part in it because it's given me a subject to work on. Sometimes I find the topic easy and sometimes I find it hard. But in any case, I've learned something from every one of them.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:56 PM   #70

Sorry about the lateness of the entry. This has been an unusually busy month for me. I was also hoping to be able to post a Spring type of entry, but if you've been following the weather in Newfoundland these past few weeks, you'll know that this was not to be. So, here's my entry for March.

Over the weekend, these cones on a fir tree caught my eye as they seemed to poke out through the blanket of snow on the branch above them. They just looked like the picture that I wanted to find.

So...here it is....Enjoy

Brian

goldwing85 is offline   Reply With Quote