Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:47 AM   #1

This Months Challenge: Trees

Trees - Single, Multiple. or any part of a tree. This should leave open your creativeness.

Rules - pictures are to be taken in the last 90 days, the longest dimension is to be resized to800 pixels to keep things equal and there's only one entry per person. If you post a picture early in the month, then take a better one later on, you can delete the first one (just edit your post and delete the attachment) and post the new one. As usual, the pictures are to be taken with aPentax / Samsungcamera (any model).

Ed

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:26 PM   #2

Hi all,
looks like i am the first.
This is my first shot for a monthly challenge and i had the K100D only for a week then.
Shot this on a business trip to california.
Right beside the hotel there was a golf course with a small lake and some palm trees.
This was shot from the arcade way, you can see the top of the arcades on the top right.

I like these palm trees, we don't have them in Austria.

PP: levels,cropped a little bit, resized,unsharp mask - all done with gimp.

bye alex
Attached Images

albreca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:36 PM   #3

Welcome to the challenge. Hope you come to see our Florida Palm Trees sometime in the future.

Ed
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:53 PM   #4

deleted

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:12 AM   #5

Ed - good topic, I certainly can take a picture or two of a tree (I have slightly fewer trees than I do flowers...). We'll see what I can manage.

Alex - your picture is neat, I like the framing, but...

Who cares about boring California palm trees (which I see every day outside my window at work)when you have such lovely, wonderful snow, streams (actual water!) and trees in Buffalo? It's too bad we got all of winter in two weeks this year - it wasn't spread out enough to properly enjoy.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 6:20 AM   #6

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Who cares about boring California palm trees (which I see every day outside my window at work)when you have such lovely, wonderful snow, streams (actual water!) and trees in Buffalo? It's too bad we got all of winter in two weeks this year - it wasn't spread out enough to properly enjoy.
You see Palm trees out you window every day?!! I just looked out my window - we had an ice storm last night. We have half an inch of ice on everything; trees, my car, ......MY CAR!!!!!! ....... I'll never get in it now. It's OK, I can't go anywhere anyhow, there's 1/2 and inch of ice on the roads too. Ah, the joys of a Buffalo winter.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:41 AM   #7

Trees do not need to be in bloom to be interesting. My all time fovorite tree photo was a fisheye shot of Cypress trees with no foliage. Are there any interesting trees after the ice storm? Also remember that it can be any part of a tree, possibly a macro of some interesting feature,

Ed
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:01 AM   #8

I agree with Ed - one of my all-time favorite pictures with my old Sony F717 was of a pine needle encapsulated in ice - very cool picture. I'd be out there very gingerly trying to take pictures if I were in the east at the moment. Instead, I'll probably wander over to the Botanical Gardens and check out how the cherry tree is blooming and look at another tree that has shedding bark and is always interesting to look at.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:52 AM   #9

how about part of a tree?? this will probably change as the dogwoods are just starting to bloom.

roy
Attached Images

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:52 PM   #10

Some of the most beautiful landscapesI haveseen have been with treescoated witha 1/4" of ice. It makes them all look like sparling glass in the sunlight.

Still nothing blooming here... we are expecting snow again tomorrow and Friday. Maybe closer to the end of the month things will start to turn green. I've already got a special subject in mind for this month.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote