Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2008, 2:28 PM   #1

I just picked up a new Pentax D-SLR Sling Bag and I must say It's a perfect selection for short little trecks. I have a large hard case to get my gear to sites. Now I can just take a few things I need to shoots. It's a great bag for 50 bucks.

Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2008, 3:28 PM   #2

finally someone has a picture of the inside of it. Thanks
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:23 PM   #3

That does look like a nice bag. Just curious...is the top compartment just a "whatnot" spot or would it be big enough to carry a flash or a larger lens (like a 300mm)???

Thanks for posting! Iwaslooking atit last nite when I was on the Pentax webstore site...especially for $50.

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:25 PM   #4

You can get a flash or another lens in the top. I ordered one from B&H about $10 less than the web store.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:48 PM   #5

Hi-

That looks great.Do you have a battery grip on there?if not is there enough room vertically to fit one in ?I tried one of the smaller lowepros and it was a tight strech with grip

thanks

Chris
biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 1:59 PM   #6

2many wrote:
Quote:
You can get a flash or another lens in the top. I ordered one from B&H about $10 less than the web store.
thanks i didn't know b&h sold these. just ordered one for myself. it looks like a great bag for when i don't want to carry everything.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:20 PM   #7

Is it the same size as the Lowepro 100 or is it as big as the 200? I like the way it's organized - not as versatile as the 200, but looks like it has better padding. It might work for me, but it might not as I have such big lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:21 PM   #8

I didn't know pentax even made bags...cool.

Do you have to unzip the entire center section to get the camera out or can it just pop out if you unzip the "fold over" part???
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:39 PM   #9

Mine will be here thursday, and then all questions will be answered. I will measure everything.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:47 PM   #10

Ok, my new pentax bag arrived today. It is just a tad bit bigger than the flowepro slingshot 100, It is well padded, as good as any other bag. dimensions of the lower lens area are 5 inches deep by about 9 inches across, I was only able to get two lenses in there, but then again one is a 77mm diam lens with a lens hood attached, and the other a 72mm diam lens with a lens hood attached. I was able to get the K10 with the tamron 70-300mm and the 1.4 TC in the camera area. It was a tight fit, so I probable will take the 1.4 off and carry it in the top portion, which is presently empty. There is room in the top portion for additional lenses, the Tamron 70-300mm fit in there nicely. As you can see in the pictures there is a nice place to carry additional memory and on the outside a small pouch for your cleaning supplies etc

If you have the BG2 there is enough room for it. Although you might want to get a lens cradle to install.

So far I am impressed with the bag, and comparing it to the Lowepro I prefer the Pentax bag.

Do to a physical limitation, I do most of my shooting from my car, or just outside it, so I didnt really buy this as a carry bag, I did try it on, and it will need some adjustment to become comfortable. For me, it fits perfectly in the front passendger seat, and everything is very accessable.

Harriet and anyone else who has those big long lenses, this is not the bag for those, but if you wanted to take just a couple short lenses on a day trip I think its the ideal bag, and you cant beat the price.

Terry