Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:17 AM   #1

They are still here Roy!

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2008, 9:25 AM   #2

wow you have lots of them, we are lucky to have on pair around here.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:44 PM   #3

There were about twice that many out there but I could only get that many in the shot at once!

Dawg
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:58 PM   #4

Dawg

Do that many Cardinals live in the immediate area of your house??..Or are they migrating through??..

Like Tom, we get the occasional nesting pair living near my house here in the city..Very occassionally, like once or twice a year 3-4 Cardinals may show up together, never for more than a few minutes..

I see 5 males & what looks like 1 female in your photo..More than I've ever seen together at one time..Are those males singing for the female??..Trying to impress her??..Competing to see which one will get to take her out to dinner down to Dawg's Outdoor Bird Feeder & Diner??..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:00 PM   #5

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Dawg

Do that many Cardinals live in the immediate area of your house??..Or are they migrating through??..

Like Tom, we get the occasional nesting pair living near my house here in the city..Very occassionally, like once or twice a year 3-4 Cardinals may show up together, never for more than a few minutes..

I see 5 males & what looks like 1 female in your photo..More than I've ever seen together at one time..Are those males singing for the female??..Trying to impress her??..Competing to see which one will get to take her out to dinner down to Dawg's Outdoor Bird Feeder & Diner??..

Bruce
They are there year round...I have a silver spruce that is getting very large..( because of a fungus infection stripping it on one side I'll soon be cutting it down) that they stay in. I've counted as many as 15 at one time in the trees around the feeder and that is 15 males...There were about 8 females there as well.

Dawg

Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:49 PM   #6

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Dawg

Bruce
Dawg great picture

HI Bruce

I think It is all where you live. While i don't have as many as Dawg. I routinely have at least 5 males and 2 females At my feeder at any time. The number seems to vary by season. In Summer I Never see them all at once, but they are around. Since i live in a rural area there is a variety Of worms Etc for Them. Not So in the Winter.
It also depends were your feeder is located. Mine is Near a bunch Of trees and provides Cover for them. We have lost several birds to Cooper hawks. So they like the trees

Phil

Phil

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:18 PM   #7

hey dawg, we have them year round also. nice cut & paste job!!!:blah:
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:37 PM   #8

robar wrote:
Quote:
hey dawg, we have them year round also. nice cut & paste job!!!:blah:
I spent a whole hour cutting and pasting these just for you roy......NOT!!! LOL

Dawg