Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:57 PM   #11

Sunday, it is still cold, this time I used the FA50 and DL.

Reach for the moon:

Tangled:

No Mail Today:

New shadows in Black and White:

Love the sparkle on the snow.

Today I concentrated on detail with the slightly longer 50mm, perhaps I will try some more with a longer lens before it starts to melt.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 3:41 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Spectacular series--love these Winter shots. Re. no mail, what ever happend to "Neither rain not sleet nor snow. . .?" Does it apply in Canada as well?

The exposure on the mail box shot ought to have been tricky--what with the jet black of the mail box and the pure white of the snow. It came out perfect!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:44 PM   #13

More wonderful snow shots! I love them all, and appreciate them very much, especially since I seem to have lost any ability to take snow pictures. This weekend I kept making mental mistakes or having trouble with poor technique - might have to do with being out of practice ofstanding infoot deep drifts onasteep slope(we didn't have all that much snow last night, but it was windy so the drifts were decent depth).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:35 AM   #14

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Spectacular series--love these Winter shots. Re. no mail, what ever happend to "Neither rain not sleet nor snow. . .?" Does it apply in Canada as well?
Well... I cheated, it was Sunday!

Ira

BTW, the weather forcast for the next 24 hours is predicting another possible 50cm!!!

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:53 AM   #15

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Well... I cheated, it was Sunday!

Ira

BTW, the weather forcast for the next 24 hours is predicting another possible 50cm!!!
Yeah, we got the other 50cm (or most of it at least). I am getting truly sick of shoveling.

Ira
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:32 PM   #16

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

RE. shoveling, we don't get nearly that much snow in Northern Kentucky that investing in a snow blower is worth it. However, a group of us seven neighbors chipped in $150 a piece and purchased a snow blower. Now everyone knows about time shares in vacation resorts or fractional shares of business jets. Well, I have a fractional share of a snow blower which I use about once or twice a year! Has served us well for the last 5 years!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:19 PM   #17

The Canadian Weather Network has recently declared Gander Newfoundland to be the snowiest city in Canada (if you call a town of 10000 a city!?). I didn't catch the amounts but after this past week I believe them.

Ira
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:15 AM   #18

Isn't it nice to be recognized for something? Maybe someone can package your snow and ship it in small packages to California and Florida - genuine Canadian snow!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote