Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:50 PM   #1

I hardly have chance to use my fisheye lately. Given the tight spot I was in, the lens was really handy. All from Zenitar 16mm handheld, defished (except last one) and of course no flash

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:00 AM   #2

Very good exposure and white balance, DanielI thought you also went K20D at the first sight:-)Even the slight yellow bias, sign of the K100D, isn't there!

I especially liked #4. #1 could be my fave, though if it came out a bit sharper, (you might have used an iso of at least 800which would allow a higher shutter speed for that one:?)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 5:26 PM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Very good exposure and white balance, Daniel¬*I thought you also went K20D at the first sight¬*:-)¬*Even the slight yellow bias, sign of the K100D, isn't there!

I especially liked #4. #1 could be my fave, though if it came out a bit sharper, (you might have used an iso of at least 800¬*which would allow a higher shutter speed for that one:?¬*)
Bahadir,

The WB was custom anyway and I have to reset it from one scene to the next. A pain.

I was using iso 400 thus majority of them were done with slow speed. With no monopod/tripod and no flash but sr on, the camera shake situation is very much under control except maybe the 1st one (I reviewed with a laptop)
I have substituted #1 with the same pict from a slightly different angle. See if it is better. Thanks for taking time to comment

Daniel
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:11 PM   #4

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

The WB was custom anyway and I have to reset it from one scene to the next. A pain.

I was using iso 400 thus majority of them were done with slow speed. With no monopod/tripod and no flash but sr on, the camera shake situation is very much under control except maybe the 1st one (I reviewed with a laptop)
I have substituted #1 with the same pict from a slightly different angle. See if it is better. Thanks for taking time to comment

Daniel
Yea, the substitude is noticeably better!Very decent pics. @ a shutter speed of 1/3'' !Still, depending on the virtues 6mp sensor, I guess, there wouldn't bevisible increase in noise, even if you hadshot them at iso 800,unless you displayed full percent crops(??) Anyway, thanks tothe help of your holding technique also, you exploited the SRfeature quitewell. Btw, your pain with the WB seems to have paid off richly
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:33 PM   #5

Hi Daniel,

I've been experimenting with my FE a bit lately, and since I like playing in PP, I decided to try more than just defishing them.

I took the liberty to alter your first pic further, using perspective shift, then taking the resultant squarish frame and compressing it vertically from @ 780 pixels to 500. I hope you don't mind. . .

Some of the width is obviously lost, but not that much.
Whatcha think?

Scott
Attached Images

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:44 AM   #6

Daniel, I agree about the color and exposure. Spot on. I actually like your first shot better than Scotts PP of it becausethe cathedrallooks more imposing in yours.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:45 PM   #7

Great color in those shots Daniel. Has Zenitar got you on the payroll yet? Every time I see one of your interior shots with that lens it reminds me that I need to have one.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:10 PM   #8

great use of the fisheye

i really like the detail on the candlestick in pic 3 and the depth of field

what program did you use to defish them?
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:51 PM   #9

Scott, Tim & glenn

Thanks for taking time to comment. I have not been taking pict with my Zen for quite some time after acquiring a couple of lenses

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
what program did you use to defish them?
Gumnut
I am using an ancient version 8 of paint shop pro . I think it is up to version 12 already.
One thing I have found out is that for defishing, I need to allow space in framing. Typically when defishing the FoV is reduced and some peripheral subjects may be squeezed out. Thus you see my composition may go from bad (already) to worse.

Daniel
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:53 PM   #10

I like these, Daniel. I'm so farbehind with looking through threads - I've been SO busy! I like the first one as it is, though I might have tried a second, slightly underexposed shotto see if I could get more color in the stained glass windows. I think, though, that you would have lost too much of the lovely dark ceiling detail, but it would have been worth the experiment. All the other ones are lovely.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote