Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:15 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default











Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 515
Default

Good shots Dawg. The female Cardina, Male Cardinal and Tufted Titmouse are great.



I've been trying to prepare the wife for my eventual puchase of a "Bigma".



ciao`



Ed
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

EddyinGA wrote:
Quote:
Good shots Dawg. The female Cardina, Male Cardinal and Tufted Titmouse are great.



I've been trying to prepare the wife for my eventual puchase of a "Bigma".



ciao`



Ed
I hope you survive the purchase Eddy! The bigma does love sunlight...Nice that we live in the South. Isn't it? LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rodney9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yeronga, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,518
Default

Very nice.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice.
Thanks Rodney!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 3:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default

nice to see you still posting great small bird photos
i am still trying
i am certain birds know what you are upto with a camera
and can read your mind so know just when you are going to press the button

or have infra red vision and know when the focus locks on to them, so then they move, turn around or fly away
lol
(not sure how to explain it when i use the old k1000 )
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
nice to see you still posting great small bird photos
i am still trying
i am certain birds know what you are upto with a camera
and can read your mind so know just when you are going to press the button

or have infra red vision and know when the focus locks on to them, so then they move, turn around or fly away
lol
(not sure how to explain it when i use the old k1000 )
I throw out about 75 percent of what I shoot because they just will not sit still. Nothing worse than to line up the shot and push the shutter button and on review see an empty branch! Keep trying and I will too!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
wadue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 914
Default

Hey Dawg...when are you gonna let us in on the secret...what kind of bird seed do they sell in Alabama for TRAINING wild birds to pose???:G

Another great series...thanks for sharing!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:02 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Hey Dawg...when are you gonna let us in on the secret...what kind of bird seed do they sell in Alabama for TRAINING wild birds to pose???:G

Another great series...thanks for sharing!
Ron
No special seed....Just don't use too big a feeder and they will stack up waiting for their turn! Black Oil Sunflower seeds are best!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:30 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 93
Default

Hi Bigdawg

Very soon after seeing your shots I walked into the backyard and saw these two. I grabbed my new Bigma and shot away. I was impressed that the K10D DR allowed me to use 1/125s handheld at 500mm. Check them out.

--John





bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.