Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:05 AM   #11

Thanks to everyone. It always helps to have other opinions.

!. The flower, I thought, was a good shot. Obviously from the comments, it isn't.

Mtngal, the shot was done hand held and I don't mind your crop at all. It does make the photo look better.

2. The Bird. Basically was what it was. I asked the bird to give me a different pose, but he/she did not cooperate. I had about 5 seconds to compose and shoot as I was only about five feet away.

3. The Spider. I guess my eye isn't quite as good as others as, for a year and a half, I had not noticed that it was slightly OOF in a couple of areas.

Again, the crop by beachboy does make it look better.

I'm thinking that a lot more PP is required to get shots ready for public presentation. For the most part, all three are just a they came out of the camera. The Flowers was lightened (a mistake maybe). The Bird was cropped once and the Spider was just as it came from the camera.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Ed
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:13 AM   #12

EddyinGA wrote:
Quote:
2. The Bird. Basically was what it was. I asked the bird to give me a different pose, but he/she did not cooperate. I had about 5 seconds to compose and shoot as I was only about five feet away.

I'm thinking that a lot more PP is required to get shots ready for public presentation.
Ed
As some others, I also think the bird shot is a very good one. If the original permits, I would have cropped it to get the bird slightly more to the lower left,pointing up at something distant. I did a little contrast enhancement and sharpening to see what could be done that way. Would have been interesting to start with a full size RAW. As you say, it takes PP to make the difference between a very good shot and a great one.

Kjell

Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 5:26 PM   #13

I gave this a try also. Magic? No, "auto contrast" in PSE3, and a little levels adjustment (the lever slightly to the right) to get the background darker again. 10 seconds. PP pays.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote