Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:07 AM   #1

Just wondered if anyone has checked into or tried this yet. It appears to be in competion with Googles Picasa. It is strickly a free on-line thing and is geared toward the amateur digital photographer.

I haven't tried it, so don't know a lot about it yet. I guess I'm looking for comments. So do you think this is a goodthing or just another picture site? - Bruce

https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

I ran across this post on the other forum that may be troublesome to some.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27336471

bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:49 PM   #2

I just saw your post and went there to check it out. The only problem I have with it. is your limited to 2GB of space. I uploaded a picture and lets see if the link works.

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:01 PM   #3

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:50 PM   #4

The point was not how good the picture was, it was to see how the link worked, and as you can see, you dont have a choice over size, what it is is what you get. I will not be using the service.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:33 AM   #5

It looks like they have a ways to go to catch Picasa and some of the other services out there. This may end up hurting them in the long run as Photoshop is always linked to top of the line stuff and it looks a little cheesy so far- Bruce
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:07 PM   #6

I am not sure what market Adobe is pursuing here? They own the top of the market, there is no competition for PS CS3 out there. They are very competitive in the next tier, PSP is probably their next biggest competition along with the other products Corel has purchased, but Elements is a major player in that market. Picasa is a wonderful library product but it really is not a photo editor and why would you fight for market share in the freeware market anyhow?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:04 AM   #7

to give them a wider audience to sell their products to. honstely it doesn't look all that bad. sure it could use some enhancements, but for free i'm easily pleased.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:22 AM   #8

I noticed a news update in the Dpreview forum about Photoshop Express. They apparantly do read the forums and enough people complained about there terms in the application, that they are changing it. If they are willing to listen to the people out there that use it, maybe it has some hope of being something.

One thing that I think was not brought up, this is only beta software and it is free, so we do need to give them someroom to develop it.With the resources that Adobe has, it could be a very nice program, once it gets out of beta- Bruce