Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:38 PM   #1

TOday a part of me died

May God find a place for him in his kingdom

Dave
Attached Images

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:38 PM   #2

Sorry for your loss. I understand how attached we get to our pets.

Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:04 PM   #3

Losing a pet is very difficult. How long had he been a part of your life? He was very pretty.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:31 PM   #4

Hi Dave,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I assume he was a friend for many years.

You're fortunate to have such a beautiful portrait to help
you celebrate his life.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:30 AM   #5

thanks for the support guys

his name was sulee, and he was like family, he had a cage but prefered to walk around the house and would go thru every room till he found someone. if he dident , he would find something to do mischeif with. he had a strange personality for a bird, i dont think he saw himself as one. but i will miss how he would climb up into my bed every night, sit on the wifes chest, she would say sulee sleepy, and then he would yawn, curl his neck back and then go to sleep.

having a pet is wonderful, loosing them is hard. but i look at it, as God reminding us, to cherish what we have , for we dont know how long we will have it for. i guess, this is why i love photography so much, for it allows us to capture a moment in our lives that means something to us, andpreserve it for eternity.

Happy snapping :|

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:52 AM   #6

dafiryde wrote:
Quote:
having a pet is wonderful, loosing them is hard. but i look at it, as God reminding us, to cherish what we have , for we dont know how long we will have it for. i guess, this is why i love photography so much, for it allows us to capture a moment in our lives that means something to us, andpreserve it for eternity.

Beautiful words, Dave. The bond we share with a beloved pet is of a special depth. Any of us who have lost such a pet can share with you your feelings of loss. I look today at photos I took of pets that became parts of our lives and I treasure the memories of every one of them.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:24 AM   #7

This is my original Avatar...My one and only photo of my good friend and companion Thor. I use him as my avatar to keep his memory alive and to honor him for the good times we had. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will honor and keep his memory alive as well.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 4:22 AM   #8

Sorry for your loss. These birds are real personalities, and are part of the family just as much as any human member.

I had a cocatoo who didn't only have the feedom of the house, but also outdoors. Every evening she sat in a tree outside the kitchen window and screamed to remind us that it was time to let her in for the night. Still miss her.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:02 AM   #9

Dave, I can feel your loss having lost two pets this summer within weeks of each other. One was Noelle, our 13 year old cat, that we'd been nursing for months. And, then, I had Gwendolyn, a bunny, that had epilepsy. We'd had her for three wonderful years. Her companions and we humans miss them both very much.

Sulee is beautiful and with a personality like you described I can see how she will be missed by you and your wife.

My condolences.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:22 AM   #10

Sorry for your loss, Dave. I, too, know the grief of losing pets, which, as you so beautifully said, are part of ourselves.

I also thought your following comments were said so well,

"having a pet is wonderful, loosing them is hard. but i look at it, as God reminding us, to cherish what we have , for we dont know how long we will have it for. i guess, this is why i love photography so much, for it allows us to capture a moment in our lives that means something to us, andpreserve it for eternity."

Grace and peace, Lawrence

Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote