Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:14 PM   #11

danielchtong wrote:

Scott
I am surprised that you could do AF so well with the K20D and the much neglected Tak zoom.
That is a good selling point of the K20D. Very very tempting

[/quote]

Hi Daniel,

I've tried AF BIF so many times, and failed so miserably that it's almost become a joke (I even have some feet and tail at the edge of the frame shots that I've printed and framed).

It's worked so well so far with the K20, that I'm just stunned. I've retried it a bit with the K10, but I'm pretty convinced that the K20 is noticeably better in AF-C tracking.

My eyesight is so variable from hour to hour, mostly from diabetes, I really have to rely on AF for most of my focusing -- I even have the focus confirm beep permanently turned on.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:27 PM   #12

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
Nice BIF's Scott. I keep hearing the K20 is better in AFC.

I haven't had the K10 that long and I am still getting my act together with it. Seeing the Hi ISO results and the AFC improvements make it extremely interesting but i think I'll wait for a bit yet. Your results and the other examples I've seen make it hard though.

Hi Dennis,

You're getting such good results, I don't blame you for waiting. The prices are already dropping pretty significantly, and it's only been out a month -- and we haven't even seen any rebates yet this year (I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one). For me, it's a worthwhile upgrade, and it seems to be getting even better than I had originally expected -- no regrets so far. . .

Scott
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:37 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful shots!* I like the sparrow and the last two gulls - the lighting is really neat.* Very encouraging for me to see these pictures.
Hi Harriet,

Thanks! I'm having fun with this camera. I'm still sorting out settings and trying out old lenses, but the weather has not been cooperating, except in short spurts. It's surprising to me how this body is so similar, yet so different than the K10. Working with the image files is a lot different for me also. My workflow for the DS and K10 was pretty similar, but it's turning out to be very different for the K20. I'm still working this out.

Scott
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:46 PM   #14

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Very nicely done Scott!

Dawg
Hi Dawg!

Thanks! I'm really having fun experimenting with the new body. It's IMO by quite a margin the best Pentax body for my use. As soon as the weather warms up and the migrating birds start showing up it's really going to get a workout, so I've been practicing a lot.

Scott