Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:42 PM   #1

I know, another mundane waste of time making meaningless lists which serve no real purpose. But... What if we allpost at least one imagethat helps to explain why you like it so much? (please limit post to threeimages to keep it from getting too long)

I know we all have lenses we like, usually more than one, I like the FA50, the FA35, the F100-300mm and my Sigma. The one lens that always manages to impress me however is that FA50mm f1.4.

EDIT: There were some mentions of focus errors, I find that the DL is more accurate than the DS with these two prime lenses but works fine with the zooms, very strange behavior.

Images like this:

and

I realize that different people have very different interests in photography, therefore there should be no arguing the merits of different lenses here. I sometimes take great delight in using lenses that are panned by critics (such as the FA28-80mm f3.5-5.6) not because of any deep seated masochism, but because I have often gotten good results with it.

Enjoy

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:04 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

My complement of lenses is very modest. But of those, my favorite has to be the 10-17mm Fish Eye that I recently acquired. It has excellent sharpness, interesting perspective control, and an amazing ability to saturate skies without the use of a polarizer.

Jay

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:06 PM   #3
TDN

The Kiron 105mm f2.8 is a super lens, and it's the one that really got me hooked on concert photography, but I have to honest:

The Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 EX Aspherical has barely come off my camera since I got it. That's gotta be my favourite.

It's so versatile, it delivers good results when properly used, and it feels ideal in terms of size for me. It has become my main lens when reporting events.

[align=center]Some images:

It also has this weird "purple cross"-effect with bright spotlights when stopped down, but I actually like it:

Tom
[/align]
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:49 PM   #4

That's a tough choice for me....I'mtorn between 2 zooms.The lens I use most and really like a lot is my A35-70/F3.5-4.5 zoom. More often than not, that lens is on the camera when I leave the house.

The lens I've gotten some of my best shots with is the A70-210/F4. It's plenty sharp and there's no lens in my bag thatcaptures color as well as this lens does.

maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 7:32 AM   #5

Hi,

For me, My Sigma 28-200mm and Pentax 28-70mm f4 are my two most used lenses.

This pic is with the 28-200 Sigma.
Rudy
Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:40 PM   #6

Ira - for me, especially this timeof year, it would be my M50mm-f4 macro. Aside from being a very sharp prime lens, it lets me get in close whenI need too. Since I manual focus on most of my wildflower pictures, the very smooth focusing of the M lenses works out great. I have three of the old M lenses and they all have thereplace in my bag. For low light, I have an M50mm-f1.7 and an M28mm-f2.8 fora wider view- Bruce

bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:40 PM   #7

I like all my lenses for different reasons. I keep my Tamron 24-135 on the camera most of the time because of the range. I like the kit lens indoors because of the wide angle. Outside I like the Tamron, but I also like the Sigma 100-300 DL because I can get close to stuff and it can do some interesting things like the following:

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:04 PM   #8

That is a tough question. A year ago I would have been tossed between the F 50mm 1.7 and the 105mm f/2.8 macro lens. I think my favourite lens right now though is the Tamron 180mm f/2.5 Adaptall 2. I find I use it for so many different things, from portraits to action and it really turns in great results.

Tim

Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 5:00 PM   #9

Really diffucult question, I don't think I can say that I have a real favorite. It just depends on what I want to do.
At this moment I'm just playing with a sigma10-20 I just got and that'll gets te most time on the camera for the next weeks.

On the other hand I've got one complete useless one. a Sirius 28mm macro never have gotten one almost sharp shot out of it. Only way I use it now is as a paper weight at work :roll:
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:34 PM   #10

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Really diffucult question, I don't think I can say that I have a real favorite. It just depends on what I want to do.
At this moment I'm just playing with a sigma10-20 I just got and that'll gets te most time on the camera for the next weeks.

On the other hand I've got one complete useless one. a Sirius 28mm macro never have gotten one almost sharp shot out of it. Only way I use it now is as a paper weight at work :roll:
Just after you get a new lens is a poor time to answer this question.

I found the Samyang/Phoenix 500mm mirror lens pretty useless so I traded it for some mounting supplies. I don't think it was the lens' fault, I just couldn't adapt to it.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote