Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   This has to stop (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/139246-has-stop.html)

EddyinGA Apr 2, 2008 3:15 PM

First, I have to have a K100D. I got one.

Then came the K10D. I controlled myself until fall of last year. Then BANG!, there it was and I was happy.

Now, comes the K20D and I keep telling myself, Ed, you can wait. You have apractically new camera as it is.

Alas! I have no will power.

This K20D sure is a nice Camera.

AAaaaaarrghhhhhh!!!!

NonEntity1 Apr 2, 2008 3:17 PM

I did not realize until I sold it that my K10 still had over six months of the warranty left on it! There may be a 12 step program we can join, but don't look to me for lessons in will power. :O

Tim

a200user Apr 2, 2008 6:23 PM

Isuspect many of us are on a 12 step program. Here'smine;I'm on step 10.

1. Purchase digital point and shoot.

2. Complain about AF speed, shutter lag, high ISO noise.

3. Purchase entry leveldSLR and kit lens.

4. Complain about limited range of kit lens.

5. Purchase moderately priced tele-zoom lens.

6. Complain about low light capability.

7. Purchase dedicated flash.

8. Complain about harsh shadows.

9. Purchase fast prime lens.

10. Complain about your entry level dSLR white balance accuracy, burst rate, and high ISO noise (aren't we starting to go full circle here)

11. Purchase upgrade dSLR

12. Complain about camera bag being too small..............(I think there's more steps)

Wingman Apr 2, 2008 6:34 PM

Good one A2000user! I think I have successfully completed steps 1-8 and am getting ready for step 9!

Jay

bigdawg Apr 2, 2008 8:28 PM

The only step you need to learn but is not listed is the one where you wait one year for the camera price to drop to half the original price before buying...This affords you enough capitol to buy a very good new lens each time! Only 11 and a half months to go!!

Dawg

Common sense is commonly not know by both the common man and the uncommon man commonly!

mtngal Apr 2, 2008 10:48 PM

ROTHL! I can certainly relate to this thread, as I impatiently wait for the coffers to fill enough to buy the K20. Which is worse - LBA or CBA?

EddyinGA Apr 3, 2008 4:45 AM

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

Which is worse - LBA or CBA?
Yes!

rhermans Apr 3, 2008 5:05 AM

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

The only step you need to learn but is not listed is the one where you wait one year for the camera price to drop to half the original price before buying...This affords you enough capitol to buy a very good new lens each time! Only 11 and a half months to go!!
:idea: I'll wait for the next incarnation, the k30d. If I get that at same time you get your k20d, it 'll kost me twice as much as the k20d but I'll be able to use it for a year before you upgrade to the k30d, what equals to the same amount spend on 2 years.
And then I'll wait till the k50d :-)

:? there might be a fault in my way of thinking, but I don't expect that I'll change, unless ... the k30d wouldn't have a focus engine then ...

Gumnut Apr 3, 2008 8:53 AM

its not an addiction
it is a duty
:)

that way Pentax keeps making new stuff :)

the K20D does sound nice

bigdawg Apr 3, 2008 9:07 AM

rhermans wrote:
Quote:

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

:idea: I'll wait for the next incarnation, the k30d. If I get that at same time you get your k20d, it 'll kost me twice as much as the k20d but I'll be able to use it for a year before you upgrade to the k30d, what equals to the same amount spend on 2 years.
And then I'll wait till the k50d :-)

:? there might be a fault in my way of thinking, but I don't expect that I'll change, unless ... the k30d wouldn't have a focus engine then ...

Too many look at the bells and whistles of the camera and forget it has to come through the lens first...Get very good lens and the photo can be great...Even with a 4 year old camera...Get a new camera and So-So lenses and the photos will be So-So ! The camera can't make a lens better but a good lens can make the camera better....I've seen too many in the electronics market following every painted wagon that comes by and trying to stay on the cutting edge...Bad thing is the cutting edge will do a nice job of cutting your purse open and emptying it too! Jump off that band wagon and join the multitudes of us lay back and wait folks...You get the same technology but at half price. This allows for a heavy dose of LBA.....Looking at a 34 year old lens right now....Probably will deliver better in my digital camera than it did in a Spotmatic back then.....

Dawg