Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:53 PM   #1

Experimenting with both colour spaces,Isawthat the adobe yielded somewhat a greater range of tones whichlooked even more- life..

Your feedbacks are highly appreciated: )

PS. Oh! for some reason the adobe looks paler here, so please try downloading on your desktop for comparison.

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:54 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Apr 5, 2008, 6:09 PM   #3

Here's another comparison by screen shot! On the leftis the AdobeRGB, andthe right the sRGB.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Attached Images

Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:18 PM   #4

I went back and forth between these two. Internet exporer does tend to dull the brilliant colors, and I found it frustrating to get something exactly like how I wanted, then post it here only to have it look flat. I finally went back to sRGB because I just don't have enough need for the greater range of Adobe RGB. I like your screen-shot idea, it really does show the differences better.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:53 PM   #5

Thanks foryour kind feedback, Harriet! Eh, screenshotproved to be a remedy here, an awkward one however : )

I wonder whichcolour spaceyou prefer for printing..
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:34 PM   #6

I knew there was something about this when I took a class on PSE5. This was a page that were given as reference. http://www.earthboundlight.com/photo...gb-debate.html

Maybe this will help some.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:59 PM   #7

Wow in Firefox I could not see the difference, but when I switched to Safari then I could. I prefer the AdobeRGB as the color seems richer.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:48 PM   #8

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Wow in Firefox I could not see the difference, but when I switched to Safari then I could. I prefer the AdobeRGB as the color seems richer.
I think that Tom has hit on the answer here. I believe that Sarari is the only browser that recognizes and displays anything other than sRGB.

The expanded color space of Adobe RGB is apparently useful for printers that can utilize it, but is generally wasted for less than pro level printers and displaying on the web. IIRC, if the browser or printer is set to sRGB, Adobe RGB colorspaced images actually look worse.

sRGB works for me, but it's nice to know that Adobe is available on the camera if I find a need for it.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:56 PM   #9

Internet explore does not have the coding to interpret AdobeRGB so the image is displayed without any color space applied at all. This tends to make the images dull.
sRBG is recommended for the web. From what I have read AdobeRBG is recommended for printing but I personally have not made any comparisons.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:31 AM   #10

Patty, thank you for the great reading, which has brought my attention to ProPhoto rgbalso : )

Tom, thanks for your kind feedback and browser suggestion : )As far as I know the Safari is also available Windows (haven't tried though!). I guess when it comes tomy screenshot comparison above, the browser does not matter much.

Scott,happy to read your valuable remarks again : )The sRGB actually works for me too, unless I encounter somechallenging tones of red and purple!The best thing to do, perhaps,could be shooting in raw always and then converting into the colour space according to the situation..Below you'll find my next 'screenshot' comparison ; )

tjsnaps, thanks forputing yourthoughts. I might also comparethe print comparison here soon: )

Ok! As for the screenshot comparison below, I guess I don't need to mention which is which : ) Iwasn't able to do justice tothetone of theseat cover as well as the book cover before!

Attached Images