Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:34 AM   #1

I took the K20d over to Tampa for the last weekend of their Medieval Faire to give it a good testing (well, technically I was taking my wife and kids to the Medieval Faire, but if you don't tell them the real reason I won't). Lots of photo opportunities at these things, if you have never been you really ought to give it a try. I mainly followed my wife and children around as they shopped and I took photos of the people who had come in costume. Unlike my K20d testing post, these shots have been post processed. All shot in *** jpeg, resized, adjusted in curves if needed, and then a touch of USM.

My lovely wife and better half with the K100d:

Probably trying to close the deal on a new ship:

I liked this costume because of the bright and contrasting colors :-):

Umm, I liked this costume because there were no bright and contrasting colors?

The staged fighting at the human chess match. Apparently cheating is a prerequisite for human chess matches:

Oh, and here is one more I forgot to upload. This one was taken with my wife's K100. I really think blue is my color, don't you? :-)

Thanks for looking,

Tim

Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:01 AM   #2

What great fun! I don't think that some of those costumes are completely accurate historically, somehow. But who cares - they are all neat looking and provided you lots of photo ops. My favorite (of course) is the third one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:46 AM   #3

Looks super-fun, and great photo work. Do you have any more? #3 is classic, and certainly a sign o' the times.
brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4

Nice images. I haven't been to a Medieval Faire in a few years. They do certainly have lots of bright colored costumes and individuals:-) I might watch for some this summer.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 4:12 PM   #5

Thanks Harriet, Patty, and Brokenbokeh (oh, and welcome to the forum BB). Harriet, are you implying that leather corsets with chromed spikes were not typical for medieval times? :-) Patty, if one comes up near you they are well worth a day trip. This was our second one this year but these were the first ever for my wife and kids. Both the children are now investing allowance money into costumes to go in character next year. Brokenbokeh, I still have to finish culling and processing the keepers from this weekend but I do have some from a similar event in Gainesville FL in Feb here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...ght=renissance

Thanks again,

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:30 PM   #6

Pirates with Mobile Phones , Historical :lol:

Great shots, wonderful colours, sure looked like fun.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote