Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:31 PM   #1

Went out yesterday morning with the K100D and didn't find anything very interesting. I've passed this spot 100's of times and yesterday it caught my eye -

Baird Pt. is a small peninsula jutting out into Lake LaSalle on the State University of New York campus at Buffalo (UB). The lake is man made in 1970. The greek columns on Baird Pt. are from the old Federal Reserve Bank Building in Buffalo and is the focal point for an outdoor concert venue built in 1978.Behind and to the right of the columns is the UB Center for the Arts completed in 1993.

Prior to their assembly and erection in 1978, these columns laid randomly on the University city campus since I can remember. I played on them as a kid in the early to mid 1960's.
Attached Images

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:31 PM   #2

And a closer view:
Attached Images

Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:35 PM   #3

Some beautiful photos! It is amazing how many things of beauty and magesty we pass each day with out notice!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:02 PM   #4

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Some beautiful photos! It is amazing how many things of beauty and magesty we pass each day with out notice!

Dawg
Thanks Dawg, and you're right, I live about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, and haven't been there in ages.

Jim
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:09 PM   #5

a200user wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

Dawg
Thanks Dawg, and you're right, I live about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, and haven't been there in ages.

Jim
You should go forthwith young man and capture that beauty and majesty for future generations to admire!! And me as well...LOL My Boss is from Buffalo and he has said many time he only went to the falls a couple of times in his life!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:25 PM   #6

Universities can be such fun places to shoot - there's often all kinds ofgood architecture around. I really like these, interesting architecture and interesting pictures. The Center of the Arts building looks like it would have all kinds of photo possibilities.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:46 AM   #7

I like the first one. It seems very placid, nice colors and good composition. Easy on the eyes!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote