Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:42 PM   #11

"Happens in the Northern Hemisphere every Spring????"

I know but I am tired of the cold and the snow and I have never bought into the Global Warming thing. Thirty years ago it was the New Ice Age that was coming, I see it as just normal climate change, not that "the sky is falling".

Anyway I want to get out and take photos so spring can't come soon enough for me.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:49 PM   #12

Isn't the weather fickle? I figured you were over the snow (there's some green in the first picture!)and then you get some more. Our winter is definitely gone, the snow won't take long to melt where it still exists at the higher elevations around home. It's actually been a pretty good year, snow and rain at the right times, the wildflowers are wonderful this year. And I would take your snow over 100 degrees F and 100% humidity any day. Or even 100 degreesand 30% humidity, it's still too hot!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:56 PM   #13

I know the feeling, Tom. Haven't had any snow for a few days at least. And it was in the mid 40's today. Supposed to be 60 by Wednesday, but then rain for days. At least it will get rid of the piles of snow in the yard.

I had to go out and buy flowers to satisfy my need to photograph them.

Some day we'll have no snow and can take "Spring" photos. And, no I'm not looking forward to the humidity up here. We had sold our a/c units when we moved from GA to NH 20 years ago. (Hadn't used them anyway in five years as our home had central air. These were left over from my husband'shome before he met me.) I was from CA and had always had central air. He said we wouldn't need them in New England. Boy, was he wrong. It took a few years, but we now have 4 units!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:33 PM   #14

I guess the cold is a bit better than extreme heat, but I just am getting bored with the nasty weather and want some weather that at least will let me get outside and take some photos.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote