Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:36 PM   #1

Ryerson U in Toronto had their fashion class guaduation show last night Apr 9. First time I went for such large prof fashion show and had a good time. I have to say the photos may not be too interesting (that is me). My images may not do justice for the work and profession they put in. Anyway my congrat to them all

http://www.ryerson.ca/fashion/massexodus/

No clue why the guys had to have veil over their eyes? New fashion statement for this old man?

Daniel

p.s. 4 more edited in later

This came from the theatre school . Not the fashion school I believe

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:33 AM   #2

Well, what can I say? I probably don't understand fashion, if I met one of these girls in a dark alley at night I'd probably just scream and run away. But you are taking your photography to a new level, Daniel. Very well done!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:07 AM   #3

I was thinking the same as Kjell - neat photography, but I'm sure not into current fashion!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 5:08 PM   #4

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Well, what can I say? I probably don't understand fashion, if I met one of these girls in a dark alley at night I'd probably just scream and run away. But you are taking your photography to a new level, Daniel. Very well done!

Kjell
Harriet, Kjell
I know what you mean. Thanks for the comments. Wacky fashion? I would say 1/2 of it. But the fashion graduating class needed to impress/dazzle/stand out amongst their peers. I was given to know that all the fashion gurus in Toronto were in the same venue as well. And this is the graduates' showcase to get hired in this competitive field. Also it is part of me not to bore you with run-of-mill dresses shown there as well.
I have just learned that in the fashion business, all the models (male+female) were to have their faces somewhat defaced so viewers can focus on the main subject - their dresses. I was wondering aloud as to why the guys above had veil over their eyes. That sounds right. Some of the models above could take the limelight instead.
It is somewhat like people questioned why we (photographers) had all the background blurred out. It is mind-boggling to layman that we pay a fortune to have the background blurred out in the way we want.
Always something new for this old man to know.
Also throughout the session I have been trying to get some lightling effect like what TDN Tom did (in his concert series). Well. No luck or my mind was deafened by the loud noise (I thought Mahler was loud). Stage lighting is not easy to deal with.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:30 PM   #5

Terrifically well taken, but shouldn't these be posted in the 'wildlife forum' :-)
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:41 AM   #6

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering aloud as to why the guys above had veil over their eyes.
Actually, I was wondering why the guys had not requested a full mask :-)! Seriously, nice shooting Daniel, fashion shows are becoming one of your trademarks and the experience shows.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:36 AM   #7

Nice shots, but where is Ben when we need him to comment on the fashion?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote