Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:49 PM   #1

I purchased my K20D from the local Pentax Dealer.

When I picked it up, he asked if I wanted to purchase an addtional two years of warranty. When I said "yes", he said "check back with me in about a week and I should have the paperwork in.". So, yesterday I went by the shop and inquired as to whether, or not, he had gotten in the warranty paperwork.

"yes" he said, it costs $40. Now, I'm figuring that this is a third party extended warranty that he is selling.

But, Alas, it is a Pentax extended warranty. $40 to extend the warranty from one to three years and it includes a one time, free of charge, tune up at any time during the warranty period. My thought is that the free tune up is worth the price of the extended warranty.

The only hitch is that the extended warranty must be purchased within 30 days of the purchase date of the camera and the Camera has to come from an authorized Pentax "USA" dealer. You can't buy it if you live in Virginia or Florida and, it is not transferable.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that if your dealer does not have this warranty available, you can probably purchase it direct from Pentax in Colorado.

Just, FYI.......
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:07 PM   #2

Hmmmm......Why would Florida be excluded from the offer?

Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:23 PM   #3

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmmm......Why would Florida be excluded from the offer?

Dennis
I'd suspect that it has something to do with Florida's consumer laws.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:02 PM   #4

It would certainly be nice if they advertised this a bit more. Put something on their website, or a flyer in the box. I don't know if this is new or has been around for a while but its the first I heard of it.

Is this extended warrenty available for lens also? or just bodies?

I often wondered why Pentax did not match the other third party lens vendors on their longer warrenties.

It will be at least another year (K30D/K300D) before I am ready for a step up to another body, and this would certainly be something I would be interested in.

Does anyone have a link to someplace on the Pentax website for more information?

This was great information! Excludes FL and VA - I wonder why?
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote