Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:59 AM   #1

We had some friends from the States visit for a while, so we took them to Munich, Salzburg and Innsbrook. Here are a few from the trip. The landscape is pretty spectacular. This first one is Hohenschwangau taken from Neuschwanstein. Neuschwanstein was built by King Ludwig II, but he grew up in the castle you see here.

This second one is the larger view out Ludwigs back window. You can see why he chose this site.

Here is a building typical of Oberamerrgau. This is the home of one of the most famous Passion Plays in the world. It isperformed every ten years and over 2000 of thetowns folk are involved in it as actors.

This next one is in Munich. It is a statue of, I think, Mary and the Babe with the Frauenkirche in the back ground.

Inside the Frauenkirche:

Then on to Salzburg with this shot of the Nonnburg Abby where Maria Kutschera, later Von Trap, was a nun and then married.

Finally two shots of the absolutely gorgeous Austrian country side. What a place to see!

Hope you enjoyed them. It was sure a lot of fun to take them!

Glenn

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2008, 4:24 AM   #2

Wow, what can I say, wonderful.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:14 AM   #3

Fantastic photos Glenn, thanks for sharing them with us.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:59 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Wow...just like watching Rick Steve'sshows on European Travel! I especially like the composition on "Inside the Frauenkirche". The last two of the Austrian countryside are picture postcards! I'd be interested in the lens(ses) and ISO data.

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:05 AM   #5

Glenn,,,,,,I WANT TO GOTHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful beyond words my friend!!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:22 AM   #6

I echo Dawg's comments.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:06 AM   #7

Thanks for the comments everyone.Austriawas fantastic. We were on a back road most of the time and every time we came around a corner we wanted to stop and take another picture! I was using the ist DL with the Tamron SP 24 -135. If you want to see some more I have some posted on Picasa Web Albums http://picasaweb.google.com/glenn2shelia/AustriaMunich

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:44 PM   #8

What wonderful pictures - they brought back some lovely memories. There were lots ofbuildings in Oberamerrgau like that, they fascinated me when I was there (and was lucky enough to be there for the Passion Play - just awesome!). The weather wasn't so good when I went to Neuschwanstein - it was cloudy with really flat light and none of my pictures came out (it was pre-Pentax). The memories have faded some, so it's nice to see these pictures, it brings back memories of the awesome scenery in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 3:56 AM   #9

Hi Glenn,
Thanks for the memory revival of Austria, my first experience of the country was travelling across it by train during my time in the british army en route for a posting in Trieste Italy, must have been in the early 1950s,I noted then that it was real picture book country, and unfortunately it was several years later that I managed to take a short holiday there. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:45 AM   #10

what get's me is that a lot of the castles there are older than the entire USA.. we don't have much of a history here..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote