Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:01 PM   #11

@Dawg
Are there any images where that oversharpening is more visible than in others? Background: I sharpened the images with 2 different methods and added another sharpening after resizing, too. Don't want to go into details right now - just your opinion

As for light and f-stop... yes - will see what I can do at the weekendin fulldaylight.

@Rodney & brokenbokeh
Thanks! Actually I try to get a feeling for this - it's a funny world that macro thingie.

@Gumnut
Oha! I'm feeling honored - just try it - it's a lot of fun.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 1:22 PM   #12

I have that same TC (unused for some time) and finally dug out the instruction manual.You must be sure to have your TC set at infinity focus andset your lens to its minimum focus before beginning to adjust the TC. It is primarily designed for use with prime lenses, although it can be used with zooms, but the manual states that results will vary from one zoom lens to another and will not always be comparable.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 3:05 PM   #13

penolta wrote:
Quote:
I have that same TC (unused for some time) and finally dug out the instruction manual.You must be sure to have your TC set at infinity focus andset your lens to its minimum focus before beginning to adjust the TC. It is primarily designed for use with prime lenses, although it can be used with zooms, but the manual states that results will vary from one zoom lens to another and will not always be comparable.
Aha - thanks. Yes - the results are very different! At the moment I mostly used two setting: full tele mode (infinity) and full macro mode - I have yet to see what the other settings can do for me.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote