Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:39 PM   #11

Thank you all for the kind comments. I have to admit that I took about 120 photos on the day, and these were the best. Some others I still have to work on (PP) that have potential, but overall a fairly low "keeper" factor, as one might expect when photographing moving subjects. These were all hand-held with my IS-enabled K100D. When I get a chance, I will also show the shoulder/chest harness that I use (had to cannibalize several straps to put that together recently, and it holds the camera with Bigma securely).
No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:39 PM   #12

No_Pro wrote:
Quote:
Some others I still have to work on (PP) that have potential, but overall a fairly low "keeper" factor, as one might expect when photographing moving subjects.
i recently read about a pro that went to Antarctica and shot over 100,000 shots.. yeah, 100,000 and once boiled down kept 126.. from what i've read pros that shoot for NatGeo usually shoot 15-20,000 shots and use 15-20 for an article spread.. i know i've been out and shot 80-100 and deleted every one of them because i just didn't get what i wanted..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:24 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum! You have some very nice shots there, I like the last one best. The Bigma seems to be becoming a very popular lens around here.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:43 PM   #14

I sometimes fill a 2 gig card with Jpegs and only use one or two. That's the beauty of digital photography....Almost totally free film and processing! Shoot to your hearts content and don't worry the cost! Only thing is deciding which of the 400 or so photos you want to keep! LOL I've found my very best photos sometimes are accidents that cleaned up to be nearly perfect.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:00 PM   #15

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I sometimes fill a 2 gig card with Jpegs and only use one or two. That's the beauty of digital photography....Almost totally free film and processing! Shoot to your hearts content and don't worry the cost! Only thing is deciding which of the 400 or so photos you want to keep! LOL I've found my very best photos sometimes are accidents that cleaned up to be nearly perfect.

Dawg
Because of this, I've gotten to where I leave my camera on high-speed shutter pretty well all of the time and seldom shoot less than a 2-3 shot burst. It's not unusual for me to shoot 25-30 shots of the same bird and not know till I get to the computer which one will have the best head turn, slight shift in posture, etc.

When shooting sports, it's not unusual for me to have 1000 shots to work through on a night where we have both boys and girls soccer matches, then keep only 25-30.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:14 PM   #16

every bigma photo i see just makes we want one more
i will have to keep saving

a nice set of photos, you used the bigma real well

i am interested what the harness is
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote