Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:23 AM   #11

Awesome shots - one of these years I'll have to get down that way - I haven't found anything like that up here... usually just clusters of flowers, nothing like whole fields.

Great job
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:06 PM   #12

Beauties, Harriet! I really like the one with wooden fenceline. We have nice scenery here but sometimes I think back to the scenery out west and really get to missing it.

Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:31 PM   #13

Mtngal, does the video card driver on your laptop allow you to adjust your laptop's monitor so it more closely matches your main monitor(s)? For instance, on my Dell Vostro 1500 with Nivdia Geforce 8600m GT, I can adjust the RGB values, contrast, brightness, saturation, etc via Nvidia's control interface. I know ATI has similar functionality.
brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:42 PM   #14

I'm not sure - but in this case, it was more an issue that I had been using the laptop's monitor and when I restarted the computer, it came up first. I have a Huey and it automatically adjusted for the laptop's monitor. I then switched the computer to show on the main monitor but didn't restart the computer. I think the Huey's software continued to use the laptop's profile (should have either restarted the computer or else run the calibration software to re-set it).

I didn't know that there was a way to adjust such things other than by the Adobe Gamma software. I have a horrible eye for their charts and I never can get it right doing it that way. I'll have to check my laptop to see what it uses for the video on the internal monitor. The only adjustment I've been able to figure out is brightness, which is on the keyboard and it is very limited in scope. I'll check it out more (but then, my computer is almost 4 years old).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:31 AM   #15

it sure is wildflower time over there
i can relate to the dirt track
i have seen heaps of those (including ones where i wasnt even sure it was a track)
i like the first wooden fence photo and how the colours go all the way through it
i like them all
but that one really stands out to me

keep them coming
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:51 PM   #16

I'm glad that someone else liked the first fence picture, it's one of my favorites from the set.

The interesting thing is that with the flat lighting, you can't really tell that the farther hills are probably over a mile (more like 2 would be my guess) beyond the ridge where the fence is. Also what doesn't show is that between the two is a very busy interstate and a major (but unseen) earthquake fault line.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:15 AM   #17

I haven't commented much lately due to work overload - but I'm one of those who like the fence pic very much too.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote