Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 27, 2008, 8:16 PM   #11

Thanks, Phil. I might have to do that, then order online if push comes to shove.
JaniceO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 10:31 PM   #12

philneast wrote:
Quote:
The K10d body is close enough to the K20D and K200D to test out for feel and weight.

Phil

I have not yet seen a K200d, but I agree with Phil: if the K10d feels good in your hands you can feel comfortable ordering the K20d. I have not noticed any difference in weight or feel.

Tim

Edit: Of course, you could also try to beat them up on the price of the K10d ("it's obsolete, but if you mark it down 50% I would be willing to take it off your hands"). I sold mine to help fund the K20d purchase but the K10d was a very capable camera as well.
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 6:55 PM   #13

As usual I am one step behind, but as the very happy owner of a DS and a K10D I will enjoy just as much.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 10:32 PM   #14

I'm another person who didn't notice any difference in the feel between the K10 and the K20.

Ira - isn't that a new avatar picture? Is that a grip I see and the K10? That's great!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 4:10 PM   #15

Anyone know if the K10D grip will fit the K200D? I am thinking about getting one of those instead of a K20D since it looks like a K10D without focus issues.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 7:23 PM   #16

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Ira - isn't that a new avatar picture? Is that a grip I see and the K10? That's great!
Yes, I got the grip and another extra battery so now I have twice the power. Tomorrow it will get a workout on the boat cruise, hopefully we will see lots of icebergs. Looks like the weather will be cool but clear.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 9:10 PM   #17

The battery grip for the K200 has a different model number than the one that fits the K10/K20.
Old May 30, 2008, 9:24 PM   #18

I saw that Harriet and I know the K200D grip uses AA batteries but since I still have the grip for my K10D just thought it might work. I expect even if it did fit, I could not use the K10D battery in the grip, but I really only want the controls anyway.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 1:28 PM   #19

Interesting question. I'm guessing not, simply because the two cameras are different sizes - the K20 is 5.6" wide while the K200 is 5.2'. There would be a gap between the grip and the camera. Now whether the contacts are the same or not is another question (since I don't own a grip I can't honestly say one way or the other).
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:54 PM   #20

penolta wrote:
Quote:
If you have noticed all the ads for Mother's Day and Memorial Day sales, there has been a total absence of Pentax dslrs - Sony has penetrated the marketby their new models being included in the largely C&N ad blitz, but not Pentax, which is being relegated to a niche market forcamera geeks who read the reviews and forums.
Now the "gifting season" is nearly over --graduations have passed and Father's Dayis upon usand still no stores are advertising Pentax, but heavily promoting everybody else. Now three of ourmost advancedphotographers have left Pentax, at least one of whom (a professionalstudio photographer) was supported by Pentax but dropped because their "direction lies in another type of photography", and the others perhaps because of inadequate specialized equipment availability (noreally extensive "system"). Pentax recently terminated their North American advertising director/agency (?) again to"change direction" to different "Marketing channels." Change to what? Downward plungingsales?They are losing established photographers and, by cutting out specialty camera retailers who advertise locally, failing to recruit new ones - reviews and internet sales only reach those already involved - they do not attract novices who might grow with the system. After the Hoya aquisition, Pentax ads promised a better job of advertising. What are they waiting for? Pentax is still making introductions (of products some time in the pipeline?), but doestheir inability/unwillingness to market themsignal something else impending? Should we hold up on the K20 purchases until we find out if we are going to be orphaned? How longshould we wait for them to straighten out their act?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote