Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 5, 2008, 1:15 PM   #1

Missed it by thismuch! :lol:

I wasdoingsome test shots in the back yard with the Tammy 70-300 and this guy showed up. I was able to snap a few hasty shots before he was gone!

I'm not much of a bird shooter. In fact, I have no idea what most of them are called. If it wasn't for baseball and football, I might not have known that this was a Cardinal.Now I see why they're so hard to catch.....they don't stay still very long!

maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2008, 5:57 PM   #2

maxwell1295 wrote:
Quote:

I was¬*doing¬*some test shots in the back yard with the Tammy 70-300 and this guy showed up. I was able to snap a few hasty shots before he was gone!

I'm not much of a bird shooter. In fact, I have no idea what most of them are called. If it wasn't for baseball and football, I might not have known that this was a Cardinal.¬*Now I see why they're so hard to catch.....they don't stay still very long!
They are kind of difficult to nail unless closer to the feeder. You got that right on. I cannot see the setting of the image as the exif has been stripped. Looks like the lens is a winner

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 9:37 PM   #3

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
maxwell1295 wrote:
Quote:

I wasdoingsome test shots in the back yard with the Tammy 70-300 and this guy showed up. I was able to snap a few hasty shots before he was gone!

I'm not much of a bird shooter. In fact, I have no idea what most of them are called. If it wasn't for baseball and football, I might not have known that this was a Cardinal.Now I see why they're so hard to catch.....they don't stay still very long!
They are kind of difficult to nail unless closer to the feeder. You got that right on. I cannot see the setting of the image as the exif has been stripped. Looks like the lens is a winner

Daniel
For some reason Irfanview does that when I do RAW conversions. I just checked the EXIF on the raw file.

ISO 200 @ F9, 1/100th sec (slow shutter explains the slight blur). I wasn't expecting the shot and didn't have a chance to bump the ISO or open up the aperture. I clicked off 3 shots and he was gone!

Lens is a Tamron Di LD 70-300mm
maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 10:19 PM   #4

maxwell1295 wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
maxwell1295 wrote:
Quote:

Daniel
For some reason Irfanview does that when I do RAW conversions. I just checked the EXIF on the raw file.

ISO 200 @ F9, 1/100th sec (slow shutter explains the slight blur). I wasn't expecting the shot and didn't have a chance to bump the ISO or open up the aperture. I clicked off 3 shots and he was gone!

Lens is a Tamron Di LD 70-300mm
Now you've started down a path that has no end in sight! Nice photo but watch it or you'll be setting up feeders next!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote