Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 11, 2008, 5:10 PM   #1

Went backpacking in Frontenac Provincial Park for 5 days last week. Here are 2 images taken with the Bigma. These are crops. I have some of the Loon calling, but haven't got to them yet. There were two Ospreys around, but one was away fishing.
Dan
Attached Images

No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2008, 5:11 PM   #2

The loon.
Attached Images

Old May 11, 2008, 5:14 PM   #3

Love the shot of the osprey and her nest.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 5:53 PM   #4

Dan, I like the reflection of the light areas on the loon. Almost like small mirrors!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 8:59 PM   #5

Love the osprey picture, and I always think loons are so interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one and they are so unusual looking to me.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 8:05 PM   #6

Thank you all for the kind comments. I have to agree with you on the loons 'look', Harriet. They look similar to the cormorant, half-sunk and an ungainly bill. The loon's calls are really eerie, especially at night. I was wishing I had some recording equipment, even my Optio W10, to capture the sounds. I was fortunate to hear the loons calling every night, through the night and into the morning. Some may not think that is fortunate since it can keep one awake but it definitely beats the traffic sounds in my neighborhood.:roll:
Old May 12, 2008, 10:55 PM   #7

No_Pro wrote:
Quote:
I was fortunate to hear the loons calling every night, through the night and into the morning. Some may not think that is fortunate since it can keep one awake but it definitely beats the traffic sounds in my neighborhood.:roll:
LOL! When we moved up to Frazier Park we were fleeing an urban apartment. There our nightly noises included arguing neighbors, barking dogs,and frequent sirens. Our first night up here we couldn't sleep - not because it was so quiet but because the mountain toads were croaking. It took a couple of nights before I decided it was a fair exchange,even with the occasional coyote serenade at 3 am.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote