Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 12, 2008, 8:05 AM   #1

Actually my initial intention was experimenting for the ideal bracketing spacing for the HDR...:-)

#1) The 5 shot HDR acquired with1.3 ev spacing (100% enlargement somehow looks better, like the real thing!!
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2008, 8:08 AM   #2

#2) The 'photoshopped' JPEGfrom the series with '0' exposure bias..
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2008, 8:09 AM   #3

#3) again the same JPEG straight from the camera!
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2008, 8:27 AM   #4

Finally:-), below is a heavy cropping from the HDR, which is a almost a replica of the JPEG in terms of observable resolution.
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2008, 10:31 AM   #5

I'm not really a hdr user. For some indoor shots I like it a lot, for outdoor shots they end up to much away from reality (especially in my case).

In the shots you've posted I don't see my fault , but they are really close together what image quality concerns (on my old laptop at least)

The reason I'll use multiple exposures is when I can't get the correct lighting and most of the time I combine them by masking in photoshop.

Just found out (2 weeks ago so I don't really have tried it) about a program that does that for you.

http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse, its a commandline tool but links to windows, linux and other versions are on the page. It works with exposure fusion and although not perfect is worth the effort to look into.

Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 3:29 AM   #6

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
I'm not really a hdr user. For some indoor shots I like it a lot, for outdoor shots they end up to much away from reality (especially in my case).

In the shots you've posted I don't see my fault , but they are really close together what image quality concerns (on my old laptop at least)

The reason I'll use multiple exposures is when I can't get the correct lighting and most of the time I combine them by masking in photoshop.
Thank you for your kind interest, Ronny. You see..I'm trying to make best out of my belowed camera : ) My experimenting with multiple exposures has started quite due to necessity, namely to be able to cope withgreat shooting opportunities while hiking,which, on the other hand, require quite a DR!!

First I applied some masking methods I learned from an articleat Luminios Landscapes:http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.shtml, which I think you're referring to. Then I tried the HDR also. You can see my humble comparison following the link:http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=587693&forum_id=90

Quote:
Just found out (2 weeks ago so I don't really have tried it) about a program that does that for you.

http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse, its a commandline tool but links to windows, linux and other versions are on the page. It works with exposure fusion and although not perfect is worth the effort to look into.

Thank you also for the link. I am happy it can be used for windows too (actually I am a Linux and AMD :Gminded person, but a lazy one) I also appreciated the story behind it! Surely will try it