Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2008, 12:35 PM   #11

Wow! I'm really impressed with Adorama now - between their response here and Scott's story, I think I'll add them up with B&H as great stores to work with.

Helen - thanks a lot for taking the time to respond here, and especially for making things right with the order.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 12:48 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Wow...that's what I call customer service. In the event of probelms I always look for 3 items:

1. Did the provider take responsbility (assuming it was their's)?

2. Did they Apologize?

3. What did they do to make it up to the customer?

Sounds like Adorama scored well on all three. I am adding them to my list of preferred vendors (along with B&H)!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 2:05 PM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Wow...that's what I call customer service. In the event of probelms I always look for 3 items:

1. Did the provider take responsbility (assuming it was their's)?

2. Did they Apologize?

3. What did they do to make it up to the customer?

Sounds like Adorama scored well on all three. I am adding them to my list of preferred vendors (along with B&H)!

Jay
well, I'll have to add my "dito" to that... way to go Adorama!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 2:31 PM   #14

I have made numerous purchases from Adorama,and I've always had excellent service, so it bothered me when Ishino initially had a problem with them.

There's somethingthat struck me in reading through these posts--the fact that a representative of Adorama was actually reading remarks from their customers in an attempt to keep a watch on what people were saying aboutthem in one of their target customer communities. This says a lot to me about their committment to trying to do the right thing.

Hats off to you, Helen. Feel free to come by anytime.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 4:29 PM   #15

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
I have made numerous purchases from Adorama,and I've always had excellent service, so it bothered me when Ishino initially had a problem with them.

There's somethingthat struck me in reading through these posts--the fact that a representative of Adorama was actually reading remarks from their customers in an attempt to keep a watch on what people were saying aboutthem in one of their target customer communities. This says a lot to me about their committment to trying to do the right thing.

Hats off to you, Helen. Feel free to come by anytime.

Paul
Hi All

Thank you all for the feedback - made me feel very welcome. I get around as many forums and blogs each day, as I can, but if you have a pressing issue, do feel free to contact me directly - [email protected].

I'm not technical (although I will always do my best to find someone with the relevant knowledge to respond to a specific query).

Mymain job is to ensure that our customers have a direct line into Adorama, to addressordersthat have gone wrong - and to ensure that the management team are kept up-dated of issues that may indicate a need for a change in our policies or procedures.

Best wishes

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 9:08 PM   #16

Adorama has always been in the top of my top ten and now with this response and promt customer service will be, with B&H the top no.1 of my vendors...Helen I'll also post this at Easysharers forum (http://www.easysharersforum.com/forum/phpBB2/) if that is alright with both you and Ishino!

Dawg

P.S. Just put your Email addy in my address book. Thanks for being a decent human! Not a lot of that out there these days!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 12:38 AM   #17

HelenOster wrote:
Quote:
What we maybe need is a review of our stocking system, that can indicate at the point of order, where items may be located.
Helen, thank you for participating in our discussion - judging from the comments it obviously is good for business. I suggest that this one problem is not one of stocking, but of shipping. Your chief (and equally honorable) competitor similarlycan haveinventory at more than one location when multiple items are ordeed, and simply shipspromptly from each location separately, and at no additional cost to the customer. They do notdelay to consolidate such items into one package for shipment.

My chief complaint with Adorama's web sitein the past has been an inventory status problem -- they had no up-to-date running in/out of stock notations up front onlisted items - I have ordered an itemonly later to be notified that the item was out of stock, and I had to go elsewhere with unnecessary loss of time. Some other vendorsdo not fill orders for items no longer in stock - more than once I have bought an in-stock item and gone back to print out the discription and seen that I had evidently gotten the last (or only) example as the listing already had changed to "out of stock."If the software package being used permits, this is a matter of programming - when an item is placed in the shopping cart it is subtracted from the inventory total; if the number remaining reaches zero, the out-of-stock notation automaticallyis added; if the item is removed from the cart, it is added back into inventory and the notation removed. While Iwould still order from Adorama when necessary, Iprefer tobeginwith "elsewhere" where I can have more confidence I will be able to get promptly what I have ordered.I have been ordering from mail order vendors for over 40 years and have encountered vendors whohave accepted orders for items they do not have, charged the credit card, andfailed tonotify of backorder statusuntil queried, or shipped items without US warranty without advance disclosure- needless to say Ihave never dealt with them again. I know Adorama does not subscribe to these dishonest practices.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 10:19 AM   #18

This is one of the few times I have seen lemons turned into lemonade in the business world - especially in customer service.

I have always had a good experience with Adorama, however to have someone scan the boards on a regular basis, find a problem, fix it - while looking into the root cause and attempt to make a systematic improvement is really inspiring. I only wish more companies would do this, as it helps us all in the end.

So I see there has been 469 views of this thread so far. This diaster for ishino which appears to have had a positive outcome, may also just be one of the better advertising events for Adorama.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 10:52 AM   #19
Administrator

Jerry Greenbaum spends time browsing forums to help with any Adorama related issues (I assume he still does anyway). It's nice to see he's got some help (Helen).

Henry Posner (henryp here) does the same thing for B&H.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 10:59 AM   #20

I have ordered many things from Adorama over the years. The only problem I ever had with any order was a set of prints I ordered. They were damaged in shipment and after I contacted customer service, they asked for photos of the damage.

I sent them the photos and the replacement prints were sent out the same day. Exemplary service.

Also, if you have never ordered prints from AdoramaPix, I can't recommend them highly enough. Your pix's willstun you how good they can look!

I am glad it worked out right, Ishino!

Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote