Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 12, 2008, 8:21 PM   #1

Okay... I edited this post. I originally ordered from Adorama as a first time customer on Friday. Needless to say my order didn't ship when it was supposed to, or the next day, or the next day, or the day after that. Finally after getting someone to look at my account and figure out why my order wasn't already on my doorstep since I had ordererd 2-day air, it was revealed that one of my items was in the store location and not in the warehouse. Someone couldn't get the item pulled from the store display and put in a box and out to me in 4-days. I was rather peeved since I have a wedding to shoot and had a bunch of equipment ordered I wanted before then.

Well since then, Adorama has done everything RIGHT to correct the situation and resolved to my satisfaction. In a time when most businesses don't understand what customer service really means,having to personallyput the 'cus' back into customer service,I oftennever do business with them again. It's great to know a company out there actually goes the extra mile to make a customer come back again.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2008, 8:32 PM   #2

Adorama has always been a bit slow for me, they usually take an extra day to get things out the door. If I want something in a hurry, I pay the price and always use B&H.

Terry
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 2:10 AM   #3

Not nearly as bad as what I experienced with http://www.47stphoto.com !
And they were RUDE - complete New York sterotype on the phone.

I got what I wanted cheaper, but paid the price with time, took several days for them to pick my order. "takes an entire business day for my order to show in their system"
nex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 12:17 PM   #4

Well finally got thru to customer service. Ends up the sling bag was holding up my order. They only have 1 in stock and it wasin the store not in the warehouse. In 4-days someone couldn't have went and got it off the shelf. The customer service repapologized for "being such morons"and "a ridiculous situation"for holding upthe rest of theorder and and after fussing about it they upgraded me to next day air - no additional charge, since I had already paid for 2-dayair. So with any luck everything minus the sling bag will be here tomorrow. Whew...
Old May 13, 2008, 12:24 PM   #5

Well at least you got it resolved to your satisfaction. Your going to love the sling bag, I am still using mine even though it says pentax on it. LOL
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 3:15 PM   #6

ck ratings HERE before you buy.. 47street use to have one of the worst ratings so it looks like they changed

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 7:07 AM   #7

Ishino

I just came across your blog, and agree with you - we let you down, badly, and I'm not surprised that you are reluctant to consider ordering from us again.

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for flagging up a weakness in our stock system. It does sound a sound simple procedure, to get a rep to go down to the store & add it to your order; I'm guessing that the delay is due to the storebeing in New York & the warehouse in New Jersey - so the extra time would be needed to get the sling bag from NY to NJ.

What we maybe need is a review of our stocking system, that can indicate at the point of order, where items may be located.

I appreciate that it is of small consolation to you at this time, but our best ideas for improving our service to customers generally arise when things don't go as smoothly as we'd all like them to.

I have already fed back to our Director for Strategic Development details of the problems you experienced, in order that the team responsible can explore how we can tighten up in this area.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly: [email protected]

Thank you again for raising this issue, giving us an opportunity to address it.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 9:06 AM   #8

how about shipping it pro bono?? that might assuage his feelings..

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 9:54 AM   #9

I'mvery suprised by your post Helen. Thank you.

Roy - They have gone over and above to reaffirm my continued business with their company. I have to admit, I was caught off guardby a company who actually cares what afirst-time customer's perception is and will do what it takes to get that continued business. I'm very much impressed. Now I'm crossing my fingers that I get a good copy of the DA* 16-50 and not have to deal with that.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:59 AM   #10

Hi Ishino,

This has nothing to do with your situaton, but I thought that it might add some insight to Adorama's Customer Service performance.

I'd ordered a number of small items from them with no problems before, so I had no qualms about ordering a used lens from them -- a Tokina 80-200 AT-X-SD MF lens. When it arrived, it turned out to be a Nikon mount, so I called CS. They apologized profusely, issued an immediate credit, and e-mailed me a return UPS shipping label at no charge to me. The Return and Credit were totally painless for me, and I've always held them in pretty high regard as an internet vendor, despite the original mistake.

I think that their effort to make good on your order says tons about their organization. I'll be keeping their site bookmarked as a primary camera/accessory source for future use.

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote