Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 13, 2008, 11:51 AM   #1

Hello All,

Has anyone shopped at Broadway Photo?

http://www.bwayphoto.com/

Good place?

Thank you all.
mlcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2008, 1:20 PM   #2

i haven't got a clue personally but remember reading posts like this http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...light=broadwayon the subject. i am sure there is more if you search.....
wittetulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 7:03 PM   #3

I've never touched these people, so I have no first-hand experience with them. However, when buying cameras - if the price is unbelievable, it probably is. You can check out any photo store at: http://www.resellerratings.com/. They don't have a very good score there: 1.75 out of a possible 10. See: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photofor more information.

I've had excellent experience using B&H. They may not be the cheapest, but they are certainly one of the best.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 10:05 PM   #4

I've never used them. Mostly used B&H and have had great experiences with them. I did use Adorama once for a lens and was delivered as promised, no problems.

I am looking for the Tamron 70-300mm lens right now and have been holding off because I keep finding unknown (to me) sites with a cheaper price, but am afraid to bite the bullet with them.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 10:41 PM   #5

Patty,

BeachCamera.com and/or Buydig.com have had the tamron 70-300 Di for a good price, $129.99 and free shipping. Beach Camera and Buy Dig are the same retailer.

I bought my KM A200, K100D Kit and Da50-200mm, and recently the FA 50mm 1.4 from them. Very reliable, quick shipping. I recommend placing your order on line instead of over the phone, it will get processed quicker on line.

I bought my Tamron 70-300mm from Amazon and paid $10 morebecause Beach and Buydig weren't stocking them at the time.

Good Luck!
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 12:54 AM   #6

Okay, a200user, it's a done deal. Buydig was $129, Beach Camera was $149 (strange). Anyway, paid the $5 for the supposedly quicker shipping. I swear on Sunday it was $119 at buydig. But, since I'd never bought anything from them I hesitated.

Thanks for the info.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 11:11 AM   #7

I ordered a camera from Broadway Photo for work. It was the lowest price, and since thisfederal employeeis trying to spendour tax dollars wisely I ordered it from them. It was an Olympus P&S and when it arrived, it didn't work correctly and immediatelydeveloped problems with the zoom lens. Broadway Photo wouldn't take the item back, but luckily since it was new, called up Olympus and sent it in for awarranty repair. Got back a refurbished but working unit from Olympus, so all in all still a good deal, but didn't go as smoothly as one would have hoped.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote