Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 16, 2008, 7:27 PM   #1

I just join this forum and I don't know if it is appropriate to post links to personal blog pages. Please comment if that is not allowed.

I wrote up bunch of M42 adapters articles in my blog post, you can see the recent one in my blog page. Hope you may find them useful, feedbacks and comments are welcome.Thanks,
Hin
hinioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2008, 7:40 PM   #2

nice write up Hin and welcome to the forum.. where are you located>> you can add your location in your profile..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 7:45 PM   #3

I just finish adding city and state in my profile. I am from Fremont of California. Thanks for the kind comments.

Hin
Old May 16, 2008, 8:11 PM   #4

Hey Hin,

I'm surprised that you hadn't made over here before now.Nice, friendly forum with a good group of folks...
maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 11:10 PM   #5

Nice articles Hin. I'm ahead of the curve on those adapters though. I broke the spring off accidentally on my first one and decided then and there I'd just convert the lens I wanted to Kmount lens by using a little drop of loc-tite when I mount them to the lens and remove the spring and screw as well. Very scary moment when the spring and screw wound up in the mirror-sensor area of my camera with that first one!! Anyway if you take a dremel tool and a small grind rock or burr tool and cut a slot in the bottom of the lens then the catch pin will work just fine. Be sure to cover lens elements and everything else when doing it though!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 2:09 PM   #6

Dawg,

Thanks for the comments. I managed to convert two of my M42 lens to K mount lens with 3rd party adapters like the Bower. But I only get success in 1 of 2. The grind rock that I used don't cut the hole to be edged to hold the pin well for my Jupiter9 85mm f/2.0. The Jupiter base is large and the drilled hole happens to be located right at the edge and hence the drilled hole has problem in securing the lens in place. I will try it again using some other drill bit/grind stone. Someone mention about a drill bit that will make the retaining hole more square edged than a rounded shape but I have a hard time remembering the model number.

http://techtheman.blogspot.com/2008/...o-k-mount.html

And here is the failed attempt to convert the Jupiter9 85 f/2.0

[align=center]

[/align][align=left]The drilled hole on Jupiter9 85 f/2.0 is too rounded to lock up securely with the K pin.
[/align]
Old May 17, 2008, 2:11 PM   #7

maxwell1295 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Hin,

I'm surprised that you hadn't made over here before now.Nice, friendly forum with a good group of folks...
Nice to see friends here. Thanks!

Warmest,
Hin
Old May 19, 2008, 2:32 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum. Between Steve's, the pentax forum, and photo.net, there doesn't seem to be enough time for anything else. :lol:
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 9:44 PM   #9

Hin, If you want it square edged I recommend taking it to a machine shop and having a slot milled in it. I've done that on several Contax Yashica lens mounts I converted to Pentax mounts. I have a Vivitar series 1 70-210 lens that after conversion is one of my favorites to use now!
Conversion shown in this post.....

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=80

Dawg

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 11:19 PM   #10

Great and informative reply from you and you have raised my interest in retrying my previous failed attempt on my Jupiter9. I have purchased a manual file from Sears and I would attempt manually to get the edge shaped pin hole as shown in your picture. I have a Vivitar "Series 1" 70-210 f/3.5 from Kiron. It is my best zoom in 70-210 but it is way heavy that I sold it for cheap.Thanks again for the help and picture.

Hin