Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 18, 2008, 4:30 PM   #11

I was just looking at your wonderfulphotos when I got a call from an old high school friend who is in town for a visit. Coincidentally henow lives in Portsmouth, NH.

Based on your lovely photos I see why he likes it there.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 9:47 PM   #12

Thanks, Dal, Glenn and Jim. I do not want to go back to work tomorrow. I've enjoyed being able to just grab my camera and go when I wanted this week. Next week will be back to dragging the camera back and forth to work with me and trying to squeeze time in a lunch hour here or there to get things.

Well, Dal, it was actually multiple dealerships. Every dealer in the state of New Hampshire probably has my name blacklisted to not let me drive anything. I've given out my drivers license and given instructions that if they call meever I will not buy a car from them even if their make is the one I choose. And, I mean it! I did that last time, too (14 years ago). I tell them I'll call you, don't call me.

I do feel bad for this one that I'm buying from, though. He has not called me once. But, then he didn't need to. I've been in there at least 9 times in the past 3 months. Three in the past week. He's been so patient with me, the ever so meticulous shopper. I started this ordeal the end of January. Can't wait to just get it over with. Hopefully tomorrow is it.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 10:55 PM   #13

Love the shots of the beach....makes me want to start crossing off the days to the last part of June when I get to go see my son on Oahu. But, alas, two more weeks of school to dispose of first. :-)

Good luck with the car deal.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 12:18 AM   #14

Nice series, glad you had a good break.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 7:45 AM   #15

Thanks, Paul and Rodney. I did enjoy the week. Most of my vacations consist of scrambling at work to be able to leave, then leaving before the crack of dawn to fly to California, on the go the whole time there and then arrive home in the middle of the night to have to go back and get caught up at work. It was nice to not have any commitments.

Glad you liked the photos. They will bring me many good memories of a relaxed time last week, too.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 12:40 AM   #16

A lovely series. I like both silhouettes, but for different reasons. I think overall the first one is better, but I love the fact you can see the outline of the tree in the second one, separating it from the barn. It's just one of those little things that catches my eye and says "neat!".
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote