Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 19, 2008, 3:35 AM   #1

felt like an absolute bargain at 279 pounds (including 18-55 lens) so could not resist. Need to learn to work it before looking at telezoom lens addition. Any factory settings i need to consider changing? Need to remember how to deal with shutter speed and lens aperture.

It looks and feels good and i am very pleased.
wittetulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2008, 7:23 AM   #2

I think you should change the ..... of the ..... into ..... when using ...

Sorry but it would be easier to know what you bought.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 9:42 AM   #3

i knew i put it somewhere; under neath the topic heading on topic page it does say k100d super, but indeed not too clear once you are within the actual post
Old May 19, 2008, 9:34 PM   #4

Can't help with the settings as I don't have one...but congrats on the very nice purchase. Looking forward to some photos from it soon!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 9:41 PM   #5

The K100D Super is probably the best Pentax model in terms of straight out of the box jpeg image quality, no real recommendations except be sure to allow the aperture ring if you have old manual lenses (it is in the custom function menu)

Good choice.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 9:48 PM   #6

Settings are very much a personal choice as you face different situations.

As you become more familiar and confident with your new Pentax you will need to explore the range of settings to better capture your impression of the scene. This journey of is part of the joy of photography.

Remember keep taking photos and help is allways here from a diverse group of keen and experienced Pentax users.

Phil
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 12:49 AM   #7

The only thing I did was make sure it was set to natural instead of bright mode - I prefer that look as I thought the K100's bright mode was just a bit "over-the-top" for my tastes. I didn't use the green mode at all, since I got along just fine without scene modes with my previous cameras. I started using P mode and have continued to use it to this day (unless I want a specific aperture or shutter speed effect). Read the manual, then take up the camera and read the manual again, playing with the camera. Then reset it back to default when you've got things out of whack and can't quite figure out how you did it a couple of times. By then you'll have a good handle on what the camera can do.

Biggest, most important thing - go take a BUNCH of pictures. Feel free to ask us questions (we've probably asked them ourselves at one time or another).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 5:15 PM   #8

been messing about with it for a bit now and really impressed with how easy it is to use, and get sharp, natutal looking pictures.

I claim no artistic merit for the following pictures, specially as my "best" people pictures I am a bit reluctant to put on a public website, the dog will have to do I am afraid.

Old May 27, 2008, 5:16 PM   #9

and

Old May 27, 2008, 5:16 PM   #10