Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 20, 2008, 12:02 PM   #1

Jim,
I hope your still planning a posted review of the Pentax k200d like you did the K20. Hope it gets a great a review also. Are you going to mention if the price difference between the two is worth it? Those full resolution sample pics are sure huge, do we really need 14 + Megapixels on a camera? Maybe for heavy cropping.
Can't wait to see the review of the k200d

Barry
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2008, 1:55 PM   #2
Administrator

Steve's review was just posted a little while ago. Click on the photo below and you'll go straight to it:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 2:56 PM   #3

Thanks Jim for the great review and I agree 100 percent with all you said. I was surprised that you didn't mention that the DOF preview allows you to save the image onto the card which is the next best thing to a "live view" function but what does one expect for less than $700? My only complaint is, I wish Pentax had added an illuminated LCD panel on the top of the camera like they did with the K10 and K20. It's still the best camera for your money, now I'll wait for your review on the Fuji s100fs, the camera I almost bought instead of the k200d.

Barry
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 4:04 PM   #4
Administrator

I wasn't involved in the review (I just help out with the forums here). But, I'll pass on your comments.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote