Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 27, 2008, 6:25 PM   #11
TDN

got my fingers crossed kjell!

Nice series of books too. Between all those images there just have te be some that'll give you some ideas for photos of your own
+ it'll pass the time till your K20 arrives

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 6:40 PM   #12

Wish you the best with the K20 Kjell! Books look like a fount of Ideas. They go all the way back to my first K1000. Neat!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 11:34 PM   #13

Sure hope you'll have fun with this second K20. I'm another who has my fingers crossed that you'll like it. I know that every time I read about someone having trouble with their K10 I would go out and see if mine had the same problem. Most of the time I found mine was fine, but it did keep me off-base until I decided that it didn't matter very much - I was getting a lot of good pictures so whatever might be wrong with the camera wasn't affecting me at that point (though that did change later on). I'll be anxiously waiting your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:36 PM   #14

I'm growing to like my new K20D, trust it more every day. Today my little red bulbous plant from Port St Johns blossomed for the first time as a pot prisoner. Took out my SMC-M 100mm f4 and tried it for the first time on the new camera. The pictures are more for the archive than artsy, but I think the lens performed well. No more focusing problems! If anyone happens to identify the flower, make me happy!

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:37 PM   #15

They are pretty tiny, the pot has a 10 cm (~4 inches) diameter.
Attached Images

Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:49 PM   #16

Great news, I have a K10D which has some focusing issues but it performs flawlessly with my FA50 and my F100-300 so I am quite happy with it. The FA35 is permanently attached to my DS as my constant companion, now I try to have a quality camera where ever I go.

I also have an M 100mm f4 macro but the lens is slightly fogged (elements separating??) however it still takes sharp pictures as long as direct light is not falling on the elements.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:53 PM   #17

Those look really nice, sorry I can't help with the plant ID (you always help me out when I ask, wish I could return the favor). Glad that your K20 story is having a happy ending, with another K20 happy owner!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:34 PM   #18

I just love happy endings, I'm so glad it all turned out ok.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:57 PM   #19

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I'm growing to like my new K20D, trust it more every day. Today my little red bulbous plant from Port St Johns blossomed for the first time as a pot prisoner. Took out my SMC-M 100mm f4 and tried it for the first time on the new camera. The pictures are more for the archive than artsy, but I think the lens performed well. No more focusing problems! If anyone happens to identify the flower, make me happy!

Kjell
Glad you got a good copy of the camera this time. I hope it was worth the wait.

Can't help you with the flower, though - all we can tell is that it is a Monocot, probably in the Lily family. You are pretty good with Google, so I assume you didn't have any better luck than I did. Assuming the bulbs you broughtback from South Africaare native and not anursery soldornamental from somewhere else, there is a book that might be helpful (if you can find a copy through a library): Spring and Winter Flowering Bulbs of the Cape by Barbara Jeppe, Oxford University Press, Cape Town, 1989.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:19 AM   #20

Thanks for the effort, Penolta. I'm pretty sure it's a native flower, I think it might be a Babiana, but I haven't found the very species and I'm not to sure about the genus either.

Kjell