Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 23, 2008, 2:45 PM   #1

Got a message today from the Warranty repair shop. They couldn't fix my K20D, sent it to Germany, they couldn't fix there it so my exchange camera has now finally been sent, probably here by monday. I asked them to break the seal and check the camera before they sent it. They did and claim it's 100% OK. I keep my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I can have a look through my recently bought Pentax Annuals series, 27 books for just under 100 USD/70 EUR. Found them some weeks ago on the local auction site where I sell my Hibiscus plants. The seller lives near my father in Stockholm, so I asked him to drop them there for me to pick them up later. Yesterday as I finished a conference in Stockholm I popped by dad and brought my 40 kgs of books with me in a backpack, a suitcase and a conference bag. Phew! But now they are here, worth both the money and the trouble!

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2008, 5:31 PM   #2

Glad you are getting a replacement. I am surprised they couldn't fix it, butat least you know it wasn't anything you did (or didn't do).

The books look like a good find - I don't believe I have ever seen one of those annuals. I once subscribed (in 1975 to an annually updated Pentax Manual (Amphoto, not official Pentax), received three supplements, and then silence. Evidently Pentax has been more dependable with its series.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 7:03 PM   #3

Hi Kjell,

I've got my fingers crossed for ya! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. If it works anywhere as well as mine, I think you'll be pleased.

Wow! The books look interesting -- almost 30 years of Pentax photography. It should be neat to see what changes in perspective the passage of time brings, though most good photography seems to be pretty much timeless.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 7:12 PM   #4

Kjell, great looking set of books, I had a copy of the Pentax magazine that they sent me in 1979 when I bought my first Pentax.

Hope everything works out with the K20D, I am getting lots of use out of the K10D I got recently, I bought extra batteries and the grip, sure is a more substantial camera than the DS (which now lives in a Lowepro TLZ mini with the 35mm f2 so I have a quality camera to take everywhere). I don't expect to do any upgrade until at least the next generation.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 7:58 PM   #5

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Got a message today from the Warranty repair shop. They couldn't fix my K20D, sent it to Germany, they couldn't fix there it so my exchange camera has now finally been sent, probably here by monday. I asked them to break the seal and check the camera before they sent it. They did and claim it's 100% OK. I keep my fingers crossed.
Kjell¬*
Kjell

Hope you get your K20D back to give a bit of the workout of your enviable lens line-out.

You have a great series of Annals. I wish I have the peace of mind to read some books. I should though.

Lately I have been digitizing some of the documents that I have. I have Samsung scanner with feeder and all I have to do is to feed pile of paper into it. And they all came out with small pdf files in my computer. Very handy indeed. I believe the process is going on in Europe.

But a Pentax annuals dating back that long is worth keeping it.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 8:10 PM   #6

Cool series of books - looks like something I'd love to have. I, too, hope that your K20 is as good as mine - I'm so happy with it. I've got my fingers crossed that you'll get a good one!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 6:00 AM   #7

Thanks for the cheerups, everyone

Daniel wrote:

Quote:
You have a great series of Annals. I wish I have the peace of mind to read some books. I should though.

Well, there isn't much reading in these books, but page after page a festival for the eye:

Attached Images

Old May 24, 2008, 6:03 AM   #8

But of course at the end of each book there are some pages with information about the photographers (I think). I don't think I'll spend too much time reading through those pages. Guess it's a no-no even for you, Daniel.:-)

Thanks again for everyones kind concern.

Kjell

Attached Images

Old May 27, 2008, 4:32 PM   #9

Finally got the new camera in my hands today. Can't find anything wrong with it, but I do admit I'm a bit lacking in confidence, it will have to perform well to win my heart right now. Hopefully I have a different attitude towards it after a week or two.

Kjell
Old May 27, 2008, 6:04 PM   #10

Best wishes Kjell, don't let one bad camera blacken what has apparently been a successful run of Pentaxes. With that great lens collection of yours it should make for lots of future fun.

Ira
Who will be retired on June 27.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote