Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 28, 2008, 5:04 AM   #11

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Looking forward to your results Jack!

Dawg
Yeah OK ED !, well weather was the pits yesterday, so didn't get out with the camera, I did some rough tests inside using a speed of 1/25 sec and whatever aperture necessary, and didn't see much difference on or off, until I was using a lens of greater focal length than standard 50mm then the difference graduallystarted to show, and was progressively worse as I tried lenses of longer reach, which is what you'd expect, it showed the SR on the K100D was working to some degree. From Harriets comments it looks as if there are improvements in SR with the later models.I was pleasedwith the results, which were better than I expected ...I know as I've aged that I'm not as steady with the camera as I used to be, so I use SR most of the time.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 5:05 AM   #12

Yikes !, the dreaded double post, Ivenever figured out how that happens.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 12:02 PM   #13

I use it almost all the time only disabling it for tripod use and panning. I've found that at 200mm and beyond it works better with the K10D but below that unless doing macro shots it really isn't that much of a problem using it set to a different lens focal length than the one you are using. I ..Like so many others ...When in a rush just turn the camera on and shoot. Later you realize it was set for a different focal length than the one mounted and the photos are still pretty good. It may be that I'm still able to steady the camera a little better than some but I am also loosing that with the encroachment of advancing age...I'm still a young and chipper 59 but every year I can feel and see a difference!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote