Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 28, 2008, 9:16 AM   #1

I am now seeing an envelope icon beneath the movie camera icon while on movie setting....I have never noticed it before. The movie plays back fine, so maybe it's not a big deal. I messed with the knobs/dials in the dark recently (at the USMC Evening Parade), so I'm wondering if I did something to the setting? Or maybe it was always there and I didn't notice it before?
bkford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2008, 4:05 PM   #2

it represents that you are recording in compact mode which is ideal for sending in e-mails due to the reduced data size (160x120 pixels). recordings are limited to a maximum of 3 minutes.

you should be able to change the recording mode by using the control dial.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0900011227/PSG7CUGad-EN.pdf
the info is on page 54 of the user's guide for the g7.

if you need more help, the folks over in the canon forum might have more knowledge. hope that's enough to get you going again.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 8:32 PM   #3

That solves it! Thanks so much!
Old May 29, 2008, 1:55 PM   #4

Strange question in a Pentax forum.......

Does this prove Canon users are not helpful to their own?????

Dal

Just a personal observation, no flaming required......
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 2:04 PM   #5

There is a very simple explanation for the "strange" question. It's called the ignorance of the person who posted the question. I did not see until after I had posted it that I was in the Pentax forum--I thought I was in the Digital SLR Camera forum (didn't realize until after the fact that there were specific sub-categories). So, it was totally my ignorance. I rarely use these boards, but I do find that there is usually someone who is very helpful, as was the case here. But for those who were confused by my Canon question being in the Pentax forum, I do apologize.
Old May 29, 2008, 6:07 PM   #6

Hi,

What is there to apologize for? everybody makes mistakes now and then.. glad that your problem was solved...

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 4:18 AM   #7

bkford wrote:
Quote:
There is a very simple explanation for the "strange" question. It's called the ignorance of the person who posted the question. I did not see until after I had posted it that I was in the Pentax forum--I thought I was in the Digital SLR Camera forum (didn't realize until after the fact that there were specific sub-categories). So, it was totally my ignorance. I rarely use these boards, but I do find that there is usually someone who is very helpful, as was the case here. But for those who were confused by my Canon question being in the Pentax forum, I do apologize.
Hi !, It's often said "Those who never made a mistake never made anything", I echo no apology needed. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 8:54 AM   #8

Thanks for the encouraging words. This is a great group, and I always get the answers I need when I post. I WILL be more careful next time, though, to get my question in the right forum.
bkford