Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 28, 2008, 7:06 PM   #1

Hi All,

Today when I was taking pictures, my memory card stopped working...initially I got the message (after clicking the pic) " this picture is not saved", I thought the card was full but it showed "MEMORY CARD ERROR". I tried switching off the camera and also tried connecting the sd card using the card reader in my laptop, but nothing worked out.

I have some nite pics which were taken in Niagara and I really dont wanna loose them, If anyone had same experience and was successful in retrieving the pictures please let me know.

Thank you
Kriss
kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2008, 8:33 PM   #2

I am afraid I have not experienced this myself. However, if you google memory card recovery freeware you will find there are many choices for free software to attempt date recovery from a memory card. Some of the memory card makers offer software as well and I would imagine that they are not actually brand specific.

Hopefully someone else will have more answers. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 12:23 AM   #3

Have you tried your card in the computer or with a card reader? I have never had this issue with my *ist DS, but with my Optio SV. It proved to be some kind of a contact error, so there was nothing wrong with the card. Just take it out and put it back, could start working after two or four tries. Good luck!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 2:54 AM   #4

Sorry to say, only bad news (in my case)

I've had two times a memory card error (both on extreme dig III) cards, but that changed when placing them back into the camera as card locked. (could download the images).

I've tried with freeware to unlock the card (and the switch on the side is in the correct position to read write) but haven't been succesfull, reformating doesn't even work.

Hope you find a solution

Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 2:03 PM   #5

Have you checked to see that you have the latest updated firmware installed? The card may be of a capacity thet exceeds tha size supported by the currently installed firmware. You could also try cleaning the contacts on the SD card if you have that(you can't on the CF).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 4:28 AM   #6

kriss wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Today when I was taking pictures, my memory card stopped working...initially I got the message (after clicking the pic) " this picture is not saved", I thought the card was full but it showed "MEMORY CARD ERROR". I tried switching off the camera and also tried connecting the sd card using the card reader in my laptop, but nothing worked out.

I have some nite pics which were taken in Niagara and I really dont wanna loose them, If anyone had same experience and was successful in retrieving the pictures please let me know.

Thank you
Kriss
Hi Kriss,

You can clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, blow off any residual debris before trying again. There's all sorts of memory card recovery software if you search google I'm sure you'll find something, I've solved problems like yours with this approach, don't remember just which software I used. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 3:57 PM   #7

That happened to me as well. However, unlike your issue, restarting the camera put it all right. The other unusual thing that happened is the camera started a new folder on the card without any input from me. It only happened once and I still don't know why. Maybe these computers arehinting that they can, at any time, ruin our lives and take over the world!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:32 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for your replys, but till now I could not find a solution to it, tried using the recovery softwares, but the problem is my laptop is not even recognizing the sd card. I still did not format the card,will wait and try .....

Kriss
kriss is offline   Reply With Quote