Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:03 PM   #11

Very nice indeed Glenn. Thank you!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:44 AM   #12

Ron, Harriet and Dawg, thanks for the comments. When you decide to get out this way, let me know and we'll have coffee at one of these great little outdoor cafes. If you've gotta have your Starbucks there are 5 in Basel!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:26 AM   #13

Starbucks in Basel? That just doesn't seem possible - it gives me unfriendly thoughts. I'm not anti-Starbucks (we stop there often) but it just doesn't seem like something you should find in picturesque places. It's more for the corner shop, or the quick freeway stop rather than an ancient city of great history and beauty.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 8:16 PM   #14

Nice series! I would love to tour some of Germany but will probably never get the chance. My mother was from Geissen (probably spelled wrong), Germany, coming to the USA when she was 13.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:34 AM   #15

Thanks for the comment Ed. We'd love to have you come and visit! Harriet, you are right. Starbucks seems so trendy to be ina place with buildings 400 years old, butit isvery popular. The first one was built sort of off the main drag, but the rest are all in ideal locations and usually doing a brisk business.

Glenn
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:18 PM   #16

They didn't have Starbucks in Germany when we lived there (1976-1979 & 1983-1988), but they did have McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, Burger King, yada, yada. If I couldn't get my sons to try the local food, at least they would eat at these places. They have eaten junk food (American) in just about all of the major cities in Europe. :?
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:55 AM   #17

Tsquare, they used to have a Pizza Hut in Basel, but it closed down. We don't buy too much in Basel because it is so expensive. A Big Mac meal is about 13 US dollars and a Movie on a normal night is 17. On Mondays you can get in for 12. I did get a nice pair of Adidas sneakers on sale for 45. That is not typical!

Glenn