Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:21 AM   #1

Hi all,

UK members may be interested in this special offer item being sold in Aldi UK stores since yesterday 01/06/08 ... sold as a fishing bag, but very easily adaptable for a photographer, compartments should be easily divideable with home brew partitions, price is excellent and it's good value for the money. Take a looksee. ... I have no connection with Aldi BTW. ... Jack.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:29 AM   #2

Nice spot!
shades3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:12 AM   #3

Hi Jack,

Is that the Aldi food store? If it is I wonder if they offer it here also..

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:40 AM   #4

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack,

Is that the Aldi food store? If it is I wonder if they offer it here also..

Rudy
Hi Rudy, Yes Aldi is a food store, the parent company is in Germany, but I can't say if the offer applies across the pond. There are twiceweekly special offers in the UK. Here we can check their website to see what is in the pipeline. I'm very pleased with the bag itself, I envisage it holding a lot of my gear, but intend tranferring kit to a smaller bag dependent on the type of venue I visit, so Imagine it will spend a lot of time in my car boot, or trunk. ... Jack
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:35 PM   #5

Jachol

Besides cost, there is a benefit using a fishing bag instead of a camara bag. Nobody grabs a fishing bag from a car with open door. Got to look around. I believe weight wise it cannot accommodate too bulky a load. So for a camera body and two lenses would be perfect.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:53 AM   #6

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Jachol

Besides cost, there is a benefit using a fishing bag instead of a camara bag. Nobody grabs a fishing bag from a car with open door. Got to look around. I believe weight wise it cannot accommodate too bulky a load. So for a camera body and two lenses would be perfect.

Daniel
OK Daniel,

Point taken ... a very valid benefit. I'm pleased with my buy, especially at the price, and it does allow me to carry more kit than my old one did, and it is pretty heavy fully loaded. As soon as I saw this advertised I realised it's potential. ... Jack
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:55 AM   #7

Hi Daniel,

They would grab afishing bag up here in the U.P. of michigan.... The only thing they would not take would be a diaper bag..... :G

Jack, I will check out their website. Have not been shopping there lately since the cost of gas has gone up....

Rudy
Old Jun 6, 2008, 9:46 AM   #8

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Jack, I will check out their website. Have not been shopping there lately since the cost of gas has gone up....

Rudy
Any Joy Rudy ?.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:06 AM   #9

Hi Jack,

No go on this side. But they have a Traveler 12meg 5x zoom for 59.99. I had the Vivitar version that was a rebadged traveler and It was very good.

For $60.00 it would be a great camera to carry with you.

Rudy
Old Jun 7, 2008, 1:16 PM   #10

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack,

No go on this side. But they have a Traveler 12meg 5x zoom for 59.99. I had the Vivitar version that was a rebadged traveler and It was very good.

For $60.00 it would be a great camera to carry with you.

Rudy
Hard luck Rudy, the P&S camera sounds to be a good deal. I still have a Canon(Sh ... hh) A95 P&S that sees a lot of service, it's always handy to drop in my pocket. ... Jack.